Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta MK7.5 LED modifications

lilbleh

Hi all,  just wanted to share with all of you that we can actually all do custom full LED for the Fiesta MK7.5 or maybe even the MK7.  I have done quite a lot of practical experimentation as well as used up so many hours of my time in order to do it.  So far,  all have been done very safely except for a few cuts and broken fuses.  Other than that,  the results are quite satisfying.  All of this should by right apply to normal Fiestas (definitely not the ST line or those with additional factory options)

Here's the list of what we can do to "spec up" the car:

1. Change ALL headlight bulbs to LED or HID for the low beam (LED turn signal bulbs + LED hi-beam + HID low beam and even LED small light - if the headlamp is not DRL).  The turn signal bulbs with LEDs do need to have resistors or it will hyper blink.

2. Retrofit bi-xenon projector lenses to replace the fog lamp.  You can choose to use the second function of the bi-xenon to either go for hi-beam or to add more light to the low beam.

3. All of the interior bulbs are easily replaced with LED Bulbs.  In fact,  it can be said that all the interior bulbs are T10 (top front 3 bulbs,  front footwell 2 bulbs,  top middle 1 bulb + rear trunk 1 bulb).  In fact even the orange ambient lighting on the top front bulb can be changed to your choice of colour.

4. You can add illuminated sill plates if you wish

5. Change the bulb on the rear tail lights to LED.  Please choose wisely on the standard tail lamp so that the brake bulbs are bright when it is on.  The reverse light is easy but the turn signal bulbs needs to have resistors or it will hyper blink.  For the aftermarket type of tail lamps,  you can retrofit special bulbs so that it can be both reverse and turn signal indicator.

6. Replace the side mirror turn signal bulbs to LED.

7. If not equipped with rear side (either left or right) fog lamps (most come with reflector and not lights),  simply buy the proper housing and you can make both come on.

8. The light on the glove box compartment for most should be Orange/Red colour and is not in harmony with the rest of the interior lighting,  you can change it to ice blue or white or any other colour that you choose.  

9. Rear license plate lights are can be easily changed to T10 Leds.

For me,  I have done all those and more.  So if you wish to know more,  just drop me a message and let's see how much i can be of help.  

The lighting mods that i have done can be seen from the photos.  Plenty more that I don't have photos of.  Enjoy!  Pl

sp.jpg

Picture 974.jpg

Picture 1658.jpg

Picture 1830.jpg

Picture 1826.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-28 at 11.21.52 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-28 at 11.35.19 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-28 at 11.20.52 AM.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks awesome mate, are you putting kits together and selling them? Or can you send links to where we can buy them from?

16 hours ago, Fiesta1.25 said:

Looks awesome mate, are you putting kits together and selling them? Or can you send links to where we can buy them from?

Thanks mate.  I put all this together for myself.  I am not selling anything and these are simply just to share with everyone all the wonderful lighting additions that can be done to enhance the car.  I will be more than happy to share links,  but since there is so many components,  you might want to let me know which ones are the most attractive to you.

Thanks Barry.  I've done some lighting mods on the Focus Mk3.5 Ecoboost for my friend as well.  The interior lighting is again not harmonious some are orange some are off white some are ice blue.  Tried to make them single colour.  Still an ongoing project!  

Thanks mate.  I put all this together for myself.  I am not selling anything and these are simply just to share with everyone all the wonderful lighting additions that can be done to enhance the car.  I will be more than happy to share links,  but since there is so many components,  you might want to let me know which ones are the most attractive to you.

I’m really interested in changing the colour of the led above the glovebox and the cup holder led, also the led strips of the headlights look amazing and wouldn’t mind adding those to my car.

7 hours ago, Fiesta1.25 said:

I’m really interested in changing the colour of the led above the glovebox and the cup holder led, also the led strips of the headlights look amazing and wouldn’t mind adding those to my car.

I'll find the links and let you know as soon as possible. You do need to have some basic skills in order to do the mods though. Cheers!

I'll find the links and let you know as soon as possible. You do need to have some basic skills in order to do the mods though. Cheers!

Yes my skills are decent enough, done loads of mods and retrofits to my previous car

Cool.  Makes it much easier to do the mods.  Meanwhile here are some additional picture of other lighting mods that i have done.

Took out the Ford badge at the back and replaced with illuminated custom type

All door opening handles inside have some illumination

Rear footwell lighting

Ambient lighting on all front and rear footwell comes on when headlight comes on

Factory sun visor did not have any illumination so i changed them both

Added center and left side lighting on the cargo area

Added some illumination on the empty storage space under the air conditioner - mind you European/UK version could be different

Sorry if some of the images are too dark.  Can't take better photos than what it is.  Also the colour of all the blue ones should actually be ice blue,  but the camera always turn it into blue.

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-29 at 6.53.10 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-29 at 7.00.29 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-29 at 7.01.16 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-29 at 7.01.51 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-29 at 7.02.40 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-29 at 7.04.06 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-29 at 7.04.31 PM.jpeg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Fiesta1.25 said:

Here are the links:

DRL LED Strip for headlights with sequential turn signal flasher : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/60cm-Running-Lights-Flexible-Turn-Signal-DRL-Strip-LED-White-Amber-Flowing-Bar-Silicone-Daytime-Running/32861241988.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.196.99543ce58z9jgt&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2_10065_10068_319_317_10696_10084_453_10924_454_10083_10618_10920_10921_10307_10922_537_536_10059_10884_10887_100031_321_322_10103,searchweb201603_51,ppcSwitch_0&algo_expid=8c8b096e-3357-4619-b400-bce535ef24d2-30&algo_pvid=8c8b096e-3357-4619-b400-bce535ef24d2

or you can shop for just the DRL or DRL with turn signal flasher but non-sequential,  it's your choice.

Glovebox LED you can buy in strip form or try to stay true to factory original and replace the factory LED.

Strip form : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10-Colors-Colorful-Flexible-Electroluminescent-Tape-LED-EL-Tape-EL-Wire-Strip-Light-AA-Battery-Power/32821660219.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.195.1fc37ccaHOiJBU&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2_10065_10068_319_317_10696_10084_453_10924_454_10083_10618_10920_10921_10307_10922_537_536_10059_10884_10887_100031_321_322_10103,searchweb201603_51,ppcSwitch_0&algo_expid=370ecd75-a390-4a5c-9485-5dfae5ff02c5-30&algo_pvid=370ecd75-a390-4a5c-9485-5dfae5ff02c5

Replace factory LED : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-use-fiber-optic-lighting-12v-1-5w-3w-multi-colorful-led-light-source-engine-RF/32725101565.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.29.68e03c55IgHGLe&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2_10065_10068_319_317_10696_10084_453_10924_454_10083_10618_10920_10921_10307_10922_537_536_10059_10884_10887_100031_321_322_10103,searchweb201603_51,ppcSwitch_0&algo_expid=34e3e404-e797-4fe8-adff-c0540d678087-4&algo_pvid=34e3e404-e797-4fe8-adff-c0540d678087

I have not done cup holders as I didn't want to drill or make any holes in them.   Furthermore,  they have all run out of the 5mm ice blue led diodes.  Or if there was,  it was mighty expensive.  If they are available in your country and cheap,  just buy the 5mm led diodes in the colour of your choice.

Good luck mate!

• 1 year later...

Bored at home.  So I thought up of this feature... It was really time consuming and tricky especially the wiring part,  but it finally got done.  No drilling and no customising or anything.  Just plenty of effort and everything is fully reversible.  The door handle lights goes on and off with the puddle lamp.

DoorLamp.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/10/2020 at 11:29 AM, IonaBell said:

How did you change the led strip in the headlight? 

It's not a change.  More like an add on.  You just need to paste it on top of the headlamp and wire it properly.  They're not expensive too.  Here's the link:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33014367903.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.61ab4f22aA29LV&algo_pvid=94fa1763-d84f-43dd-95c3-633f7b71d514&algo_expid=94fa1763-d84f-43dd-95c3-633f7b71d514-55&btsid=0bb0622d16016877585092767ef065&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/05/2020 at 03:43, lilbleh said:

Entediado em casa. Então eu pensei neste recurso ... Era muito demorado e complicado, especialmente a parte de fiação, mas finalmente foi feito. Sem perfuração e sem personalização ou nada. Bastante esforço e tudo é totalmente reversível. As luzes da maçaneta da porta acendem e apagam com a lâmpada da poça.

DoorLamp.jpg

Man you are an artist. Those handles are sick can you tell me how to do it step by step and what I have to buy to do the same. 

4 hours ago, Dacabo1995 said:

Man you are an artist. Those handles are sick can you tell me how to do it step by step and what I have to buy to do the same. 

Putting on the LED Bulbs are very easy.  The real pain in the butt is with the wiring if you want it to look clean and factory look.

BE CAREFUL WHEN WORKING WITH ELECTRICAL ACTIVITIES,  MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT SHORT ANYTHING!!!!!!!  TAKE THE NECESSARY STEPS TO ENSURE THAT ANY EXPOSED WIRING OR TERMINAL ARE COVERED WHEN NOT BEING WORKED ON!

1st step is to acquire the 3mm pre-wired led diodes (should also be waterproof) with 12v rating for your colour choice (common ones are white,  red,  blue,  purple,  green,  ice blue,  etc)

2nd step is to understand how to open the door panels

3rd step is to understand how to open the door handles

4th step is to be able to correctly identify wiring or wire colours

Once you know how to do these,  the struggle begins.....

Go ahead and open the door panels and remove the panel from the car completely or you will have difficulty accessing the area you need to work on (repeat for all remianing doors when you're done)

Then identify which wire actually is used for the puddle lamp which is the one that lights up at the bottom of your side view mirror (in case you don't have this feature,  you need to think of where you want the power to be tapped from).  No need to cut the wire,  simply splice and tap into it.  Do not worry about the ground or negative.  I am sorry I don't remember the wire colours and I don't have any photos to show you.  Even if I did,  and your car has a different wire colour code,  it might compromise the work for you,  so for better or worse,  this is probably better without specifics.  

Run the wire through the rubber covering for the rear doors via the floor of the car (need to remove more panels here,  specifially the sill) and make sure you can get the wire through for the rear door.  This activity took me like a good 4 hours or more. However if you took the time to do this,  the car will look clean and free from wires.  You can skip this step and just run wires through the body if you want to,  but i don't suggest it.

Next step is to solder or connect your led diode to the wire you just pulled.  You actually only need the + or positive or most commonly used colour is red.  The negative or black ones you can just fasten it to any metal body part in your door frame.

Once that is done,  carefully look at the door handle you just removed,  there should be a rubber part that cushions the door handles from the door body.  This is where you would want to put the led diode (put them at the long handle and not the short part that is used to fasten the door handles.  It may be that you need to sand off the 3mm led diode so that it is flat on 2 sides to reduce any bulging and make the fit much better.  Be careful not to destroy the diodes when sanding it down.

Having done all those,  you're basically good to go.  Test it and if it works,  put everything back and you should be good to go. 

If you wired everything properly,  the light will go and and off and is dimmed with exact timing as the puddle lights.  No drilling, no customisation and if you decide to get rid of it,  just take out the diodes and make sure you cover every exposed wire very very properly.  There is no need to pull any wire that you ran through the rubber coverings so it should be much easier if you don't want this anymore.

Some friends have asked me to do this for them and I did tell them,  not in a million years simply because it is just a lot of hell i had to go through to get the wiring done.  Installing the diodes themselves were actually super easy.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.  Will try and guide as much as possible.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lilbleh said:

Putting on the led bulbs are very easy.  The real pain in the butt is with the wiring if you want it to look clean and factory look.

BE CAREFUL WHEN WORKING WITH ELECTRICAL ACTIVITIES,  MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT SHORT ANYTHING!!!!!!!  TAKE THE NECESSARY STEPS TO ENSURE THAT ANY EXPOSED WIRING OR TERMINAL ARE COVERED WHEN NOT BEING WORKED ON!

1st step is to acquire the 3mm pre-wired led diodes (should also be waterproof) with 12v rating for your colour choice (common ones are white,  red,  blue,  purple,  green,  ice blue,  etc)

2nd step is to understand how to open the door panels

3rd step is to understand how to open the door handles

4th step is to be able to correctly identify wiring or wire colours

Once you know how to do these,  the struggle begins.....

Go ahead and open the door panels and remove the panel from the car completely or you will have difficulty accessing the area you need to work on (repeat for all remianing doors when you're done)

Then identify which wire actually is used for the puddle lamp which is the one that lights up at the bottom of your side view mirror (in case you don't have this feature,  you need to think of where you want the power to be tapped from).  No need to cut the wire,  simply splice and tap into it.  Do not worry about the ground or negative.  I am sorry I don't remember the wire colours and I don't have any photos to show you.  Even if I did,  and your car has a different wire colour code,  it might compromise the work for you,  so for better or worse,  this is probably better without specifics.  

Run the wire through the rubber covering for the rear doors via the floor of the car (need to remove more panels here,  specifially the sill) and make sure you can get the wire through for the rear door.  This activity took me like a good 4 hours or more. However if you took the time to do this,  the car will look clean and free from wires.  You can skip this step and just run wires through the body if you want to,  but i don't suggest it.

Next step is to solder or connect your led diode to the wire you just pulled.  You actually only need the + or positive or most commonly used colour is red.  The negative or black ones you can just fasten it to any metal body part in your door frame.

Once that is done,  carefully look at the door handle you just removed,  there should be a rubber part that cushions the door handles from the door body.  This is where you would want to put the led diode (put them at the long handle and not the short part that is used to fasten the door handles.  It may be that you need to sand off the 3mm led diode so that it is flat on 2 sides to reduce any bulging and make the fit much better.  Be careful not to destroy the diodes when sanding it down.

Having done all those,  you're basically good to go.  Test it and if it works,  put everything back and you should be good to go. 

If you wired everything properly,  the light will go and and off and is dimmed with exact timing as the puddle lights.  No drilling, no customisation and if you decide to get rid of it,  just take out the diodes and make sure you cover every exposed wire very very properly.  There is no need to pull any wire that you ran through the rubber coverings so it should be much easier if you don't want this anymore.

Some friends have asked me to do this for them and I did tell them,  not in a million years simply because it is just a lot of hell i had to go through to get the wiring done.  Installing the diodes themselves were actually super easy.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.  Will try and guide as much as possible.

Soo I find the diodes and I am understanding  the steps but man I don't have pudle lights 

Have you any idea's? 

17 hours ago, Dacabo1995 said:

Soo I find the diodes and I am understanding  the steps but man I don't have pudle lights 

Have you any idea's? 

If you don't have puddle lights then have to know how you want the lights to be on to tap the power from.  From what i can think of,  you do not have footwell lights either.  If you do then connecting it to the footwell lights is a good idea.  Otherwise,  the next best option is to tap the power from the dome light on the roof.  This way it will only come on and off when you lock and unlock the doors.  Unless you want it on all the time at night,  then it is easier to tap into the window switch power.  Basically the main point is that you need to somehow power the led diode so depending where you tap the electricity from,  it will function according to where it is tapped. Let me know if you still have any questions. Led diodes can be bought here if you can't find it near your area.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000791814342.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.320c15a3WHUjwv&algo_pvid=bc6eea1f-d318-4ebe-93e1-29b41071b005&algo_expid=bc6eea1f-d318-4ebe-93e1-29b41071b005-1&btsid=0bb0623f16026508052756413e16f6&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

This is how it eventually looks like.  Pardon the image quality.

ezgif.com-gif-maker (3).gif

8 hours ago, lilbleh said:

This is how it eventually looks like.  Pardon the image quality.

ezgif.com-gif-maker (3).gif

I have footweel light so i have decided pick up light from there thank you for the ideia 

So now i buy these (https://www.wish.com/product/5a4dec95cebc17116afb5c97?source=cart&share=web) for puddle lights and these (https://www.wish.com/product/5b62d3cf2a486d05bf753e84?source=cart&share=web) for handles

During my search i found fhe dynamic light (https://www.wish.com/product/5e14a8b8b5247384894daef0?share=web) to do a full mod 

When everthing arrives i tell you something

Thank for everthing so far

This is my fiesta

Ford1 (1).jpg

Ford1 (2).jpg

Ford1 (3).jpg

10 hours ago, Dacabo1995 said:

I have footweel light so i have decided pick up light from there thank you for the ideia 

So now i buy these (https://www.wish.com/product/5a4dec95cebc17116afb5c97?source=cart&share=web) for puddle lights and these (https://www.wish.com/product/5b62d3cf2a486d05bf753e84?source=cart&share=web) for handles

During my search i found fhe dynamic light (https://www.wish.com/product/5e14a8b8b5247384894daef0?share=web) to do a full mod 

When everthing arrives i tell you something

Thank for everthing so far

This is my fiesta

Ford1 (1).jpg

Ford1 (2).jpg

Ford1 (3).jpg

Very nice. My rear lights were like those but i decided to retire it and use the original ford 2016 type with the led stripes.  I like the wheels!  Good luck working on it and update me when you're done! 

How did you pass the cables throw the boots on the door? Because I have plugs in the way of the boots
Did you drill any holes?
Can you show me some pictures of diodes on the handles to get an idea

image.png.1885d7f09a848bff043a954eb16b05c5.png

10 hours ago, Dacabo1995 said:

How did you pass the cables throw the boots on the door? Because I have plugs in the way of the boots
Did you drill any holes?
Can you show me some pictures of diodes on the handles to get an idea

image.png.1885d7f09a848bff043a954eb16b05c5.png

Use very thin wires.  Otherwise find a way to get the wires through the system.  I actually took some LAN (data cable) and strip down the cover to get the thin wires from there.  Anyway,  I will take some photos later for you.  No drilling.  Please do not do any drilling.  Dangerous if you accidentally scraped some of the factory wires.

On 10/16/2020 at 5:12 AM, Dacabo1995 said:

Here are some photos of the diodes position (might need to use some adhesive or glue or thin clear double tape 
to make sure the diodes stay in position.  There is a photo of the wires I used.  It is basically LAN cable which i stripped away

and just take the wires.  They are ultra thin as you can see.

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-17 at 8.46.50 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-17 at 8.45.28 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-17 at 8.45.11 AM.jpeg

• 4 months later...

Hi lilbleh,

Awesome job, really like what you did with your car!

Can you share a picture of mounting points for Load Resistors for front turn indicators? 

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club