Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofit reversing camera to Mk4?

cwhiteyuk

Hey everyone!

Just joined this site to ask question. It might sound mad but want to know.

My dad saw new focus mk4 estate at dealer and it is ex demo car and it is ST-line X model.

so, it got sync 3 but no reversing camera fitted.

want to know if it is possible to buy camera from Ford and fitted to car ourselves?

it would be great if anyone who work at Ford can reply and help out!

thanks!

Ford does not support retrofitting of optional functions. Do not expect any support from Ford.

Retrofitting of the reverse camera on the Focus MK4 requires reverse engineering at both hardware (parts/wiring) and software level. At this moment there is very little information available. 

If you want to retrofit the original reverse camera you either have to do the reverse engineering yourself or wait untill someone else does the reverse engineering.

• Like 2

On 11/28/2018 at 5:59 PM, JW1982 said:

Ford does not support retrofitting of optional functions. Do not expect any support from Ford.

Retrofitting of the reverse camera on the Focus MK4 requires reverse engineering at both hardware (parts/wiring) and software level. At this moment there is very little information available. 

If you want to retrofit the original reverse camera you either have to do the reverse engineering yourself or wait untill someone else does the reverse engineering.

Or don't be a cheapskate and get it fitted from factory. If you're going to go for a brand new car, why void the warranty doing this as that is what you will do?

• 8 months later...

A place in Glasgow fits them but wont sell the kit.Empirical in car technology

Is it not a case of just fitting the rca adapter in the back of the apim like most of us have on mk3 sync 3 ? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Plus most Focus 4s give no access to the APIM on Forscan for you to activate it yourself.

So even after you've hard wired it, you won't be able to activate it easily.

Just search for one that has all the optional extras you really want (there's loads about) otherwise you'll be disappointed.

• 6 months later...

Is this still the case with Mk 4s?

There seem to be a few companies selling Mk 4 camera kits, for example https://www.in-car-install.co.uk/reversing-cameras/ford-focus-mk4-sync3-2-3-3-3-4-reversing-reverse-camera-kit-2018-onwards.html but they are expensive and need to plug into the OBD port as part of the installation to code the sync unit.

If there are no other options to display on the Sync screen then I might set up an independent system which plugs into its own screen or to my phone.  The screen could be fixed to the back of the sun visor so only visible when pulled down.  Any thoughts on this idea?

• 7 months later...

Has there been any updates of the Mk4 reverse camera problems ?

Would love to try fitting one to mine. Its a joke that in this day and age Ford are not fitting reverse cameras as standard to the Titanium X. Yes I know it can be ordered as an option when buying the car new but how high a spec do you have to buy to get a camera as standard from Ford?

Love to hear from anyone that has a solution to the Mk4 camera problem

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club