Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cylinder Head Bolt Socket ?????

sonic113

Any one know what size/type of socket used for the cylinder head bolts in the 2009 focus/cmax 1.6 zetec engine ?

I have to take head off and want to make sure i have all tools at hand?

any links ect to buy would be helpful as well.

Thanks

4 hours ago, stef123 said:

T55 if I’m thinking of the right engine lol

Thanks.

Would this set do the Job?

Just the head bolts is all I need them for.

I would invest in something better, i wouldnt trust them, If you want quality with out spending a fortune Halfords own brand stuff is very good and it has a warranty.

• Like 1

Actually I know of a plant fitter who uses those sockets and the hex ones, he seems to rate them lol. 

I have the Allen version of that Blue Spot Torx set at work and they're ok for the money. Never used them for anything high torque like head bolts though. Halfords only sell a T55 as part of a modular set costing £36 (on trade, £45 for everyone else).

• 1 month later...

Update

Got the new head gasket fitted and all built back up. car starts well and drives well but the is a little pressure building in the coolant system. The coolant cap is very tight and when forced off it left the centre piece in the coolant tank I had to prise this out, Im nearly 100% sure there is no airlocks or blockages so Could this pressure be building due to a faulty cap? 

Thanks

If its building pressure still sounds like you need the cylinder head skimming.  Overheating can cause the head to warp and it will never seal again.  A skim will rectify the pressure build up.

3 hours ago, JONATHAN_11_80 said:

If its building pressure still sounds like you need the cylinder head skimming.  Overheating can cause the head to warp and it will never seal again.  A skim will rectify the pressure build up.

High Johnathon , it's already been skimmed and the block also was checked and all was 100% flush before the new gasket was fitted. 

• Like 1

Just an update here, replaced the cap with a new one and car has been running well for the past 100 miles. The old cap on closer inspection seems that the spring was sticking inside it so. 

Thanks to all for help

• Like 1

You can put a little silicone lube inside the top of the bottle/cap to prevent it sticking. Baby'd mine off and put a tiny spray of silicone lube on the inside of it, been grand ever since.

• Like 1