Do Not Sell My Personal Information

bi xenons on my titanium x

michaelburrows

i want to replace the xenon bulbs on my 3013 titanium x  because i dont feel the existing bulbs are as gud as they could be. i gather they are whats known as ds3 bulbs. what i want to know is what are the best to replace with. i want the bright light but want longer beam also if poss for the amou t of time i spend on the a1m during darkness.

I've got Osram Cool Blue Intense in mine because I like the whiter light - I feel it picks out more detail. However, beware of going too blue; blue/white light tends to be absorbed by water so can make it more difficult to see if it's raining.

I've also used Osram Nightbreakers in the past. Not as white, but they do seem to give a good amount of light. I've not tried the Nightbreakers since they rebranded them to Nightbreaker Laser, but I suspect those are the kind of thing you're after.

The OP already has Bi-Xenon DS3 bulbs so the Phillips and Osrams you suggest would not be compatible, they are halogen bulbs.

Don't buy cheap eBay specials, go for a branded set as you do get what you pay for. You don't want the fan/heat sinc to fail and melt your wiring. Id recommend bulbs around the 5300K temp range, much less and they have a yellow tint and much more you start to get a blue tint. 5300K are what most OEM bulbs give off. Would also be worth using a headlight restorer on the lens to make sure they are letting as much light as possible out.

what do you mean by the op.the lenses ate as new so dont think i need restoration. any ides where to get de ent bulbs at decent prices

Sorry @michaelburrows OP means ‘original poster’ it’s forum slang. 

If the lenses are good then maybe give them a clean with some IPA rubbing alcohol or a citrus degreaser to remove any traffic film - some people use toothpaste but not sure if that works.

www.car-mod-shop.co.uk or HID Direct are companies I have dealt with before, a lot of forum members go to Autobeam as they have affiliations with the forum and often have a discount for members. I’ve found them to be a little over priced but that’s my view.

thanks for that. heard of hids direct

Nightbreakers and Cool Blue Intense come in D3S Xenon flavours too - I have them in my TitX. Standard OEM bulbs are about 4100K colour temp (I think). Cool Blue Intense are around 5000K in D3S... But remember, bluer light can impact wet weather visibility.

i need the best for long distance night time driving. 

15 hours ago, erictcleric said:

Nightbreakers and Cool Blue Intense come in D3S Xenon flavours too - I have them in my TitX. Standard OEM bulbs are about 4100K colour temp (I think). Cool Blue Intense are around 5000K in D3S... But remember, bluer light can impact wet weather visibility.

I stand corrected 😁

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

I stand corrected 😁

I'm sure they just name them the same to annoy people... not only that, the colour temperature of the Cool Blue Intense varies depending on the fitment; our D3S bulbs are actually slightly yellower than, say D1S. Madness.

Anyway... I'm going to stick to my recommendation for the Nightbreaker Lasers. You'll get more light, and they are very slightly whiter than the stock bulbs. There will be a definite improvement, but don't expect a massive change - the Focus headlights simply aren't as good as modern ones. Jon also makes a very good point about keeping them clean - even a thin film of dirt seems to make mine appear a lot worse.

If you want a more subjective review: am I slightly disappointed that when I changed from stock to the Cool Blues that they didn't give out a lot more light? Yes. Do I regret changing them? Definitely not.

Be careful purchasing off of eBay and amazon as there are a lot of fakes on there at the present time. I think I went for the Osram Xenarc branded whiter ones. Can't remember the exact name.

• Like 1