Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyless entry boot issue

avi

2017 Ti x with keyless entry and just found I can no longer open the boot using keyless or even if the car is unlocked for that matter.    It only opens if use the remote key boot release button.

Any ideas or is it a visit to Ford ?

Sounds like the boot button may have broken if you can only open it on the fob?  Should be under warranty unless you've done mega mileage so a trip to Ford is probably best bet.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Sounds like the boot button may have broken if you can only open it on the fob?  Should be under warranty unless you've done mega mileage so a trip to Ford is probably best bet.

Thanks.

Figured it might be related to the boot button and have just booked it in with Ford.  It's got a 4 year warranty and only done 17k miles so should be covered.

I think the car being locked or unlocked is unrelated to the boot opening keylessly on the button. If you're in the car you don't want someone opening the boot and taking away a suitcase, say, while you're sitting in traffic. 

Be interesting to hear what Ford have to say.

I had the same issue a year ago. Could not open the boot unless using the remote. The cause was a loose connector behind the bumper. The connector is behind the bumper at the right rear wheel. Easy reachable, just lay on the ground and look up.

• 1 month later...
2017 Ti x with keyless entry and just found I can no longer open the boot using keyless or even if the car is unlocked for that matter.    It only opens if use the remote key boot release button.

Any ideas or is it a visit to Ford ?

Did you get this fixed? Now got the same problem myself, was it the connector behind the bumper, as Ormet suggested? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2019 at 9:33 PM, Jollyandy said:

Did you get this fixed? Now got the same problem myself, was it the connector behind the bumper, as Ormet suggested? Thanks in advance.

Yes, it was fixed under warranty. Needed a new boot switch unit.

• Like 1

Yes, it was fixed under warranty. Needed a new boot switch unit.

Thanks for your reply, mine goes in tomorrow for a couple of days so they can find and hopefully fix the fault.

3 minutes ago, Jollyandy said:

Thanks for your reply, mine goes in tomorrow for a couple of days so they can find and hopefully fix the fault.

It took them about 5 minutes to diagnose the issue.

Was told I'd need to book it in and it would take a while to fix due to the camera complicating things.  

Dropped it off and was called about 2 hours later to say it was done.

• Like 1

Mine was in about 3 weeks ago; went to pick it up and was told they need it for a couple of days and would let me have a loan car. Reason for 3 week wait is a shortage of loan cars. [emoji849]

5 minutes ago, Jollyandy said:

Mine was in about 3 weeks ago; went to pick it up and was told they need it for a couple of days and would let me have a loan car. Reason for 3 week wait is a shortage of loan cars. emoji849.png

That's a pain. 😞  Hopefully it's just the switch rather than something more complex.

That's a pain. [emoji20]  Hopefully it's just the switch rather than something more complex.

Thanks, I hope so too!

Apparently it’s the switch...only took 2 separate visits and 2 days to diagnose. The new switch should be here tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Jollyandy said:

Apparently it’s the switch...only took 2 separate visits and 2 days to diagnose. The new switch should be here tomorrow.

LOL  Thankfully the solution should be easy.

1 minute ago, Jollyandy said:

emoji23.png

I think it's a design issue that may cause premature switch failure.

It's too easy to lift the boot whilst still pressing the switch rather than the small grip area just behind it.  

I think it's a design issue that may cause premature switch failure.

It's too easy to lift the boot whilst still pressing the switch rather than the small grip area just behind it.  

Funny you should say design fault, as the new one looks like it’s got drain holes in it. Happily fixed before she gets traded in.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club