Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.6 tdci Air filter intake clips

Doug F

Afternoon guys I have just tried changing the air filter intake part that's goes onto the turbo and engine breather pipe.the breather I just popped  out and exchanged with the new one but can't get the turbo one done as can't work out how to get the two ford clips out half way along the air intake pipe,I have tried pliers ect harder to get open than a tin of corned beef! Any help gratefully recieved t.i.a. Doug

32 minutes ago, Doug F said:

Afternoon guys I have just tried changing the air filter intake part that's goes onto the turbo and engine breather pipe.the breather I just popped  out and exchanged with the new one but can't get the turbo one done as can't work out how to get the two ford clips out half way along the air intake pipe,I have tried pliers ect harder to get open than a tin of corned beef! Any help gratefully recieved t.i.a. Doug

Hi Doug, not sure what clips you mean.  Can you post a photo?

3 minutes ago, Albert27 said:

Hi Doug, not sure what clips you mean.  Can you post a photo?

Hi Albert a bit late now as dark here.its the pair half way along the air filter - turbo air intake pipe they hold the fitting into the turbo intake. I have a complete replacement part but was just fitting the  engine breather one witch clips on engine breather but the turbo one has ford metal clips but can't wonk them out.thanks for your reply.doug

Probably clic-r clamps.  You can pop them open with a screwdriver and close them with pliers.  There is a specific clic-r clamp removal tool which make the job much easier but they're not cheap.  You could also replace them with jubilee clamps instead.

• Like 1

Thanx tom will get a couple of jubilees before I remove them so not stuck half way thru the job.doug

Having only had Ford engines that used jubilee clips i.e. Fiesta 1.25 and Focus 1.8 TDCi, I'll admit there were a few swear words when I had to do a couple of jobs under the bonnet on my father in law's MK2.5 1.6 TDCi.

Give me "normal" old jubilee clamps any day of the week.

6 hours ago, 1979Damian said:

Having only had Ford engines that used jubilee clips i.e. Fiesta 1.25 and Focus 1.8 TDCi, I'll admit there were a few swear words when I had to do a couple of jobs under the bonnet on my father in law's MK2.5 1.6 TDCi.

Give me "normal" old jubilee clamps any day of the week.

Agree with you there, most of them seem to seem to be Jubillee clips on mine; the first time I came across one was when I took the EGR off for a clean.  Got the flipin thing off, but had to borrow a neighbours set of pliers and get him to show me how to get the thing back on 😄

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club