Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK3 Powershift Automatic oil change

mastachaz

Hi everyone 

Do anyone knows when I should change oil i my automstic powershift gearbox its already 33k 

Anyone has any expernce in that 

Thanks 

There's not transmission oil change interval, but if you want to do it, it's 75w Fe transmission oil. 1.7litres. there is a drain and refill/level plug. The level plug is a bit awkward to get at. I use a bit of hose slightly smaller diameter to garden hose with a funnel on the end to pour the fluid in. 

I was thinking to do this at dealer , just curious how much will cost me 😄

Hi, I think the service interval is 3 yearly and the best done by dealer as new oil has to be pumped through. Gearbox oil filter also needs changing at the same time. Likely to cost around £200 at the dealer 

Although it sounds expensive when I bought my car which is power shift the box was still under warranty after a rebuild because one of the previous owners missed an oil and filter change the invoice was for £ 1600. 😑

2 hours ago, granville_focus said:

Hi, I think the service interval is 3 yearly and the best done by dealer as new oil has to be pumped through. Gearbox oil filter also needs changing at the same time. Likely to cost around £200 at the dealer 

That's the dct450 box. The 1.6 n/a engine uses the dct 250 box. Just needs a simple drain and refill . 

https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-69412-castrol-syntrans-fe-75w-fully-synthetic-car-gearbox-oil.aspx

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club