Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trim Peices

ford focus edge

Hi again all yet more fiddling questions to ask you all. I found these front grill surrounds http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250580752048&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT they dont have the center's but can i just taje the center of my standard one and clip that on or does the whole grill need to be removed and faffed about with?.

I was also going to take a trip down to my local scrappy and find a ghia and remove the rear chrome strip above the numberplate and put it on mine also what do i have to do to remove the peices with out damaging the cars or the trim?.

Cheers for any replys guys

Mike

Hi again all yet more fiddling questions to ask you all. I found these front grill surrounds http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT they dont have the center's but can i just taje the center of my standard one and clip that on or does the whole grill need to be removed and faffed about with?.

I was also going to take a trip down to my local scrappy and find a ghia and remove the rear chrome strip above the numberplate and put it on mine also what do i have to do to remove the peices with out damaging the cars or the trim?.

Cheers for any replys guys

Mike

ill be honest ive seen them on and they dont work on the car at all if it was a coloured pin stripe round the original black it would look good but the coloured ones that ive seen fitted just dont work as for the trims im sure they are glued on yet again ach to his own but ide rather have black than chrome so last year darling honestly i hate chrome on the outside of cars ide either colour code the original or leave it you know me ive looked at the pics of youre car and honestly dont mate

ill be honest ive seen them on and they dont work on the car at all if it was a coloured pin stripe round the original black it would look good but the coloured ones that ive seen fitted just dont work as for the trims im sure they are glued on yet again ach to his own but ide rather have black than chrome so last year darling honestly i hate chrome on the outside of cars ide either colour code the original or leave it you know me ive looked at the pics of youre car and honestly dont mate

It was a tossup between colour code or chrome chrome was just loads easier and my spraying skills arent the best in the world saying that ive got to do a fair amount of it in the summer (door handles need touching up and gotta do the rear arches). I'm deffo converting the rear foglight to a LHD reversing light though and plonking a bulb in, just even's out the back of the car http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120513166203&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT . As for the grill sod it im going to leave it and fit DRL's insted.

Mike

It was a tossup between colour code or chrome chrome was just loads easier and my spraying skills arent the best in the world saying that ive got to do a fair amount of it in the summer (door handles need touching up and gotta do the rear arches). I'm deffo converting the rear foglight to a LHD reversing light though and plonking a bulb in, just even's out the back of the car http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT . As for the grill sod it im going to leave it and fit DRL's insted.

Mike

im lightly tinting mine to fit with the rear bumper im sure the chrome ones are glued on never tried ripping them off to be honest avoid cheap drls they only work with the sidelights on which kind of defeats the purpose as they should be wired to accessory wire on the ignition and to a relay bit every ones wiring them directy to the sidelights and wondering why theyve all blown 4 months later different wattage and power either the leds run normally and the headlights dim to match the output or the leds burn out just a word of warning nothings ever as straight forward as it looks

im lightly tinting mine to fit with the rear bumper im sure the chrome ones are glued on never tried ripping them off to be honest avoid cheap drls they only work with the sidelights on which kind of defeats the purpose as they should be wired to accessory wire on the ignition and to a relay bit every ones wiring them directy to the sidelights and wondering why theyve all blown 4 months later different wattage and power either the leds run normally and the headlights dim to match the output or the leds burn out just a word of warning nothings ever as straight forward as it looks

How can i wire them in then because my headlights as it is have drl's in them that come on when the side's are on and if i cant do drl's that dont work of postion 2 on the igniton or when the engine is running then whats the point lol. On the straight foward front thats something ive come to know all to f***ing well NEVER take your door cards off art ever they rattle like sin :angry:

Mike

How can i wire them in then because my headlights as it is have drl's in them that come on when the side's are on and if i cant do drl's that dont work of postion 2 on the igniton or when the engine is running then whats the point lol. On the straight foward front thats something ive come to know all to f***ing well NEVER take your door cards off art ever they rattle like sin mad.gif

Mike

been off to do the waxoyl/underseal inside the doors and no rattles you mustve left youre wallet in there lol if you have drls already in youre lights dont put another set on the same wiring personally from looking at youre car pics i wouldnt dont want to sound rude but sometimes less is more and with the grill badge and lights etc it looks very nice as is too much will spoil it mate

been off to do the waxoyl/underseal inside the doors and no rattles you mustve left youre wallet in there lol if you have drls already in youre lights dont put another set on the same wiring personally from looking at youre car pics i wouldnt dont want to sound rude but sometimes less is more and with the grill badge and lights etc it looks very nice as is too much will spoil it mate

Its got clips inside that im going to have to get a magnet out on and forridge itl be like a treasure cave lol. I know i dont take it to heart dont worry scotty speak ur mind i do i just want a few more things to make it look something that little bit different if you get my drift lol but god knows what.

Mike

Its got clips inside that im going to have to get a magnet out on and forridge itl be like a treasure cave lol. I know i dont take it to heart dont worry scotty speak ur mind i do i just want a few more things to make it look something that little bit different if you get my drift lol but god knows what.

Mike

focus on the interior get the arm rest etc and do interior stuff to it i think the outside looks good just the way it is not too much not too little unless you fit an outragous bodykit they will never look different the whole love of the focus is the look its like nowt else on the road you see a focus yu know its a focus its distinctive and i think personally thats its quality you can ruin a good thing by doing 2much stand back and look at it if you re proud of it and it makes you smiole thats enouggh dont compare it to others be individual thats why i havent lowered mine fitted 18 inch rims etc too msany like that around i just want to be happy with it and improve on the bits that i think can be improved on get under that bay and get colour coding my new avatar is as much as im doing the now

focus on the interior get the arm rest etc and do interior stuff to it i think the outside looks good just the way it is not too much not too little unless you fit an outragous bodykit they will never look different the whole love of the focus is the look its like nowt else on the road you see a focus yu know its a focus its distinctive and i think personally thats its quality you can ruin a good thing by doing 2much stand back and look at it if you re proud of it and it makes you smiole thats enouggh dont compare it to others be individual thats why i havent lowered mine fitted 18 inch rims etc too msany like that around i just want to be happy with it and improve on the bits that i think can be improved on get under that bay and get colour coding my new avatar is as much as im doing the now

I'l do the rear light for sure thats a done certain. What cud i do to the interior though bar the arm rest. The engine bay colour coding i do like ALOT but where i live its just not pratical unles my car was brown lol. Oh was going to change the numberplate screws to white and yellow ones rather than the nice rusty ones its got now.

Mike

I'l do the rear light for sure thats a done certain. What cud i do to the interior though bar the arm rest. The engine bay colour coding i do like ALOT but where i live its just not pratical unles my car was brown lol. Oh was going to change the numberplate screws to white and yellow ones rather than the nice rusty ones its got now.

Mike

be creative do what i did get the cans out and start spraying i havent cleaned the bay in over 4 months so what you see has been through the winter so it dont get thet bad really

be creative do what i did get the cans out and start spraying i havent cleaned the bay in over 4 months so what you see has been through the winter so it dont get thet bad really

Hmmm *scratches head* after looking at yours i do like the idea just my engine bay is a world apart from yours, its got no manifold covers etc nothing just a tiny engine, black manifold, tuppa ware and cables. Got a quick easy idea for yours though, smooth rear wiper arm http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Smooth-Rear-Wiper-Arm-Blade-Ford-Focus-Mk1-ST170-RS_W0QQitemZ220551260690QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3359e12a12 looks simple but just tidy's the back up abit.

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/product_info.php?osCsid=d665e639742052db76d4adb53d08b7cf&currency=GBP&cPath=47_23&products_id=966&osCsid=d665e639742052db76d4adb53d08b7cf Was thinking of that im assuming though id have to wire the ambient's up to the sidelights or would that just kill it all.

Mike

Hmmm *scratches head* after looking at yours i do like the idea just my engine bay is a world apart from yours, its got no manifold covers etc nothing just a tiny engine, black manifold, tuppa ware and cables. Got a quick easy idea for yours though, smooth rear wiper arm http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3359e12a12 looks simple but just tidy's the back up abit.

http://www.european-...6d4adb53d08b7cf Was thinking of that im assuming though id have to wire the ambient's up to the sidelights or would that just kill it all.

Mike

youre existing wiring to the interior light is all you need no need to wire up to anything that im aware of just clips on 2 plugs thats it and it will the ambient lights are tied in to the actual light wiring on the new fitting so its just a simple swap over yeah already gonna do the wiper for anypone whos interested scrapyard find a fiat punto its the same rear arm simple swap

youre existing wiring to the interior light is all you need no need to wire up to anything that im aware of just clips on 2 plugs thats it and it will the ambient lights are tied in to the actual light wiring on the new fitting so its just a simple swap over yeah already gonna do the wiper for anypone whos interested scrapyard find a fiat punto its the same rear arm simple swap

Sveet thats going to be ordered shortly then lol hopefully it will be a plug and play like you say, what mark of punto is it of aswell art just thinkin of when the time comes to replace the blade.

Mike

Sveet thats going to be ordered shortly then lol hopefully it will be a plug and play like you say, what mark of punto is it of aswell art just thinkin of when the time comes to replace the blade.

Mike

almost any of them 1998 onwards will fit simple 13mm nut and its off i wasnt sure so i measured it at the scrappy the wipers 17 inches total the blade 14 inches total exactly like the punto most mk1s have them and mk2s i thought i recognized the wiper when i seen it well im gonna tint the fog and reverse light maybe the headlights very lightly and the rear lights the red and black theme works on my pepper red car saw one the same at the scrappoy that had all the bump strips etc painted and it didnt look right then im gonna hunt and save for some leather interior and im ordering a new leather steering wheel cover but i got to stitch it on myself 45 mins work or so

almost any of them 1998 onwards will fit simple 13mm nut and its off i wasnt sure so i measured it at the scrappy the wipers 17 inches total the blade 14 inches total exactly like the punto most mk1s have them and mk2s i thought i recognized the wiper when i seen it well im gonna tint the fog and reverse light maybe the headlights very lightly and the rear lights the red and black theme works on my pepper red car saw one the same at the scrappoy that had all the bump strips etc painted and it didnt look right then im gonna hunt and save for some leather interior and im ordering a new leather steering wheel cover but i got to stitch it on myself 45 mins work or so

Cant you just replace the steering wheel i know it means removing the airbag but still id of thought thatd be easier. Go easy on the tint spray or film my mate did it to his fiesta and buggered the lights lol but il admit i do like the black on the bottom and red on the top get some back to black on it to make it EXTRA dark :ph34r: . How can you lightly tint the headlights though thought that was illegal and if youve fitted the xeon bulbs wont it ruin the effect anol. LEATHERRR SEATTSSS love mine with a passion best thing ive ever invested in transformed the car inside.

Mike

Cant you just replace the steering wheel i know it means removing the airbag but still id of thought thatd be easier. Go easy on the tint spray or film my mate did it to his fiesta and buggered the lights lol but il admit i do like the black on the bottom and red on the top get some back to black on it to make it EXTRA dark ph34r.gif . How can you lightly tint the headlights though thought that was illegal and if youve fitted the xeon bulbs wont it ruin the effect anol. LEATHERRR SEATTSSS love mine with a passion best thing ive ever invested in transformed the car inside.

Mike

i could replathe wheel but the new leather 2 tone cover to match the interior is 14 quid genuine leather all you have to do is stitch it i looked at sterering wheels and for sheer comfort i like the standard one plus i like to know i did it myself the steering wheel is the only bit of the whole interior thats marked or worn only on the top iof the wheel not sure about the legality with the vws we ordsered a film that goes over the top of the existing light that had a legal smoked tint to it ive got some good back to black stuff there that i put on standard turtle wax stuff thats quite good yep leather with the arm rest to boot

i could replathe wheel but the new leather 2 tone cover to match the interior is 14 quid genuine leather all you have to do is stitch it i looked at sterering wheels and for sheer comfort i like the standard one plus i like to know i did it myself the steering wheel is the only bit of the whole interior thats marked or worn only on the top iof the wheel not sure about the legality with the vws we ordsered a film that goes over the top of the existing light that had a legal smoked tint to it ive got some good back to black stuff there that i put on standard turtle wax stuff thats quite good yep leather with the arm rest to boot

I like knowing ive done it myself aswell. What about eyebrows if you get a half deacent pair they look preaty tidy and they can just be peeled off if you dont like them. My steering wheel is only worn on the top right because i usually rest my hand there and when i buggerd my wrist the cast stuff seemed to have a nasty effect with the leather

Mike

I like knowing ive done it myself aswell. What about eyebrows if you get a half deacent pair they look preaty tidy and they can just be peeled off if you dont like them. My steering wheel is only worn on the top right because i usually rest my hand there and when i buggerd my wrist the cast stuff seemed to have a nasty effect with the leather

Mike

http://www.redlinemaxed.co.uk/head-light-masks-ford-focus-p-441.html?osCsid=ifc8skrgrvtfumhp9g0hauo9u0 ive been looking at these i can get very good colour match paint so pepper red for them to cover up the top of the lights i was gonna get a set of projectors but to be honest the funds just dont stretch that far right now i almost hada set from a scrap yard local went to get the 50 quid for them by the time i git back they were gone well gutted im gonna get these wheel covers easy to do just have to be patient http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Italian-Genuine-Leather-Steering-Wheel-Cover-FORD-FOCUS_W0QQitemZ310128919913QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item48351fc569 ignore the first pic and look at the bottom i emailed andf they can do it in black and suilver to match the interior so well chuffed with that

http://www.redlinemaxed.co.uk/head-light-masks-ford-focus-p-441.html?osCsid=ifc8skrgrvtfumhp9g0hauo9u0 ive been looking at these i can get very good colour match paint so pepper red for them to cover up the top of the lights i was gonna get a set of projectors but to be honest the funds just dont stretch that far right now i almost hada set from a scrap yard local went to get the 50 quid for them by the time i git back they were gone well gutted im gonna get these wheel covers easy to do just have to be patient http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Italian-Genuine-Leather-Steering-Wheel-Cover-FORD-FOCUS_W0QQitemZ310128919913QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item48351fc569 ignore the first pic and look at the bottom i emailed andf they can do it in black and suilver to match the interior so well chuffed with that

Projectors look better then people give um credit for in truth when there switched of mine just look like xeon's and same on the funds front, just need a few cans of spray and some nice weather to do most of what ive got planned/need to tidy. That wheel trim wasnt as bad as i was expecting but black and silver leather? really! lol id have it so it matched the center of the wheel then again you do habe the painted vents etc i dont know i need to see it before i can slate you for it :P

Mike

Projectors look better then people give um credit for in truth when there switched of mine just look like xeon's and same on the funds front, just need a few cans of spray and some nice weather to do most of what ive got planned/need to tidy. That wheel trim wasnt as bad as i was expecting but black and silver leather? really! lol id have it so it matched the center of the wheel then again you do habe the painted vents etc i dont know i need to see it before i can slate you for it tongue.gif

Mike

this is what it will look like post-8800-126687149216_thumb.jpg bare in mind ive done the vents to match

this is what it will look like post-8800-126687149216_thumb.jpg bare in mind ive done the vents to match

Ok fair does that acctually alright just keep it clean lol. Another question thought have you found your dash to be flaking paint off the silver center console?

Mike

Another question thought have you found your dash to be flaking paint off the silver center console?

Mike

Mine has, but it was only where it had been damaged by some ham-fisted idiot removing the stereo. Just ordered another off e-Bay for a tenner, so I'll see how that one looks when it arrives.

Next purchase? Lockwood white dials!

Mike

Mine has, but it was only where it had been damaged by some ham-fisted idiot removing the stereo. Just ordered another off e-Bay for a tenner, so I'll see how that one looks when it arrives.

Next purchase? Lockwood white dials!

Mike

Tried the dials shafted the clutser been there done that lol, i was thinking of spraying mine up again in magnum grey just something a bit different.

Mike

What happened with the cluster? I changed them on my Scenic with no problems, and that involved taking the whole dash off!

Mike

What happened with the cluster? I changed them on my Scenic with no problems, and that involved taking the whole dash off!

Mike

I took the pins of with spoons, heated the glue etc but they wouldant come of so i used a tad to much force and riped the motor out lmao the cluster on a focus is i think 4 screws its an absoutle doddle to take of took me about 5 mins id love blue backlight dials but im not going to take the risk again lol.

Mike