Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.6 TDCI - Nav problem & "Engine Malfunction"

ttheyid

Hi Guys

I have a 2011 Focus 1.6TDCI DPF Sport .... its covered 90k and is a lovely drive, Cannot fault it.

Couple of issues

When I try to use the navigation, please see pic of which type of system it is ... i enter route, and it calculates it but calculates it from somewhere in ireland or something, as if it doesnt know where I am. Is this anything youve seen before? I didnt know whether they have an external GPS antenna etc that could be faulty or something like that?

Secondly, a couple of times last week it has gone "Engine malfunction" and gone into limp mode. Had it plugged in but no codes stored and driving fine again, I didnt know whether it could be to do with  DPF regen etc

Any ideas on any of the above would be greatly appreciated as I look to continue enjoying my focus :)

focus.jpg

2 hours ago, ttheyid said:

Hi Guys

I have a 2011 Focus 1.6TDCI DPF Sport .... its covered 90k and is a lovely drive, Cannot fault it.

Couple of issues

When I try to use the navigation, please see pic of which type of system it is ... i enter route, and it calculates it but calculates it from somewhere in ireland or something, as if it doesnt know where I am. Is this anything youve seen before? I didnt know whether they have an external GPS antenna etc that could be faulty or something like that?

Secondly, a couple of times last week it has gone "Engine malfunction" and gone into limp mode. Had it plugged in but no codes stored and driving fine again, I didnt know whether it could be to do with  DPF regen etc

Any ideas on any of the above would be greatly appreciated as I look to continue enjoying my focus 🙂

focus.jpg

Hi Thierry,

I can't comment on the Sat Nav as I have no idea.

I have a 2008 1.6TDCI, and over a period of about two months  it went into limp mode twice with 'Engine Malfunction'. Restarted on both occasions and it went.  Hasn't come back to this day and that was about two years ago!  If there's no codes, I wouldn't worry about it for now, just do a diagnostic (Forscan) when it does it to be sure all is well.

13 hours ago, Albert27 said:

Hi Thierry,

I can't comment on the Sat Nav as I have no idea.

I have a 2008 1.6TDCI, and over a period of about two months  it went into limp mode twice with 'Engine Malfunction'. Restarted on both occasions and it went.  Hasn't come back to this day and that was about two years ago!  If there's no codes, I wouldn't worry about it for now, just do a diagnostic (Forscan) when it does it to be sure all is well.

Albert

Thanks for the reply, I figured it may have been something to do with the DPF maybe trying to do a regen so figured it wont hurt if i stick a cleaner through it and go for a long drive ... I have downloaded Forscan waiting on a lead to come but this was scanned on a snap on Solus which is pretty dam good and couldnt find anything stored.

Thanks for the help 🙂

• Like 2

You'll probably need to get the DPF cleaned. Lucky for you the car has a cDPF rather than the old style that needed the eloys fluid on that model so that shouldn't be too hard to get done and should carry on working.

On the sat nav, you might have corrosion on the aerial base so it can't get a fix, so its defaulting to a fixed manufacturer set location

Check where the GPS plugs into the unit and then at the aerial side for corrosion

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club