Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 Fiesta Diesel

fuzzy1

Hi all, need some help, got me a 56 reg fiesta 1.4tdci zetec the other day, couple of problems, the milage trip zero`s out every time I switch the ignition on, most annoying, also the clock on the radio (cd6000) also does the same and starts from 00.00 every time I start up, is this a basic setting error or could there be an electrical problem, hoping some of you long time owners can give me some info.

Thanks in advance

Hi all, need some help, got me a 56 reg fiesta 1.4tdci zetec the other day, couple of problems, the milage trip zero`s out every time I switch the ignition on, most annoying, also the clock on the radio (cd6000) also does the same and starts from 00.00 every time I start up, is this a basic setting error or could there be an electrical problem, hoping some of you long time owners can give me some info.

Thanks in advance

Hi, this sounds like a instument cluster problem to me. First its prob best to check your lives on the multiplug on the cluster. You should have a perminent live to it from the fuse box that will stay live without the ignition on. This live is what keeps the momory for the time ect, if you havent got this live check your fuses and check the wiring. If you have which you more then likely will do you problem is internal with the cluster. Some companies will repair these at a lower cost than a new one. Let me know how you get on : )

Hi, this sounds like a instument cluster problem to me. First its prob best to check your lives on the multiplug on the cluster. You should have a perminent live to it from the fuse box that will stay live without the ignition on. This live is what keeps the momory for the time ect, if you havent got this live check your fuses and check the wiring. If you have which you more then likely will do you problem is internal with the cluster. Some companies will repair these at a lower cost than a new one. Let me know how you get on : )

Hi, many thanks for the info, i`m not much of an electrical boff, but the fuses are easy enough, I would have thought a blown fuse would knock out the cluster all together but im no auto electrician, funny how its affecting two seperate units so perhaps it is fuse related, i`ll try and find the time at weekend, Is the multiplug accessible without pulling out the dash, i dont have a manual at the mo !! Sometime the rev counter and temp gauge stick when i turn the ignition off but reset when turned on again if that helps !!!

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, many thanks for the info, i`m not much of an electrical boff, but the fuses are easy enough, I would have thought a blown fuse would knock out the cluster all together but im no auto electrician, funny how its affecting two seperate units so perhaps it is fuse related, i`ll try and find the time at weekend, Is the multiplug accessible without pulling out the dash, i dont have a manual at the mo !! Sometime the rev counter and temp gauge stick when i turn the ignition off but reset when turned on again if that helps !!!

cheers

Ive since had it in at the local garage since ive got a warranty and it seems to be a fault on the circutboard, having plugged in a computer the cluster would not communicate properly with it, it was telling it that the fuel was 22% full when i`d just filled it up the neck and the gauge was reading full, also the revs were not dropping straight away when changing gear, apparantley this can all be linked to sensors, I`m told this is a common fault and can cause all sorts of little annoying problems. anyroad cluster has gone for repair and should have it back next week, thanks to the warranty nothing to pay, I take back everything I said about warranties, good old RAC !!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club