Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 16 Plate judders on cold start...

revengep8nt14

Hi, I'm new to here so bare with Me! Ever since the cold has come, I turn over my car and set off straight away and the car will judder in first when releasing the clutch but after that it is fine. If i leave my fiesta to run for a few minutes before taking off it will not judder.

I rang Ford as it is still under warranty till next year however the last service it had was not with Ford as they were charging double what my local were. All that was done was a cabin filter, oil filter and brake fluid change. I outlined this and was reassured that Ford parts were used so all was well. Ford are trying to use this against me at present as he thinks it's the oil however I have always used Castrol 5w30 (Ford's recommendation) and it has been fine, I will not know for sure what the issue is till next Tuesday.

What could the problem be or am I being too picky?

Thanks

Sounds like damp on the clutch/flywheel due to the humidity lately.  I would be fairly certain it's nothing to do with the oil.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Sounds like damp on the clutch/flywheel due to the humidity lately.  I would be fairly certain it's nothing to do with the oil.

Is that a cause of concern? It's only got 20000 miles on it...

19 hours ago, revengep8nt14 said:

Is that a cause of concern? It's only got 20000 miles on it...

No, it's not a fault at all, just down to the weather.  Happens on loads of different cars at this time of year.

I can't say it's 100% that without driving it though so will wait to hear what the garage say when they've had the chance to check.

OK I will keep you posted. Thanks for your help

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club