Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford fiesta 2008 bluetooth disconnects and connects

tholden

Hi. My fiesta just started to act up in terms of the bluetooth. When the phone is connected, it randomly disconnects and connects again. This happens every 20 seconds or something. Anyone else had this issue? What might be wrong?

Today the text on the display dissapeared, before coming back a few minutes later, and the screen displays random usb errors. It seems like there is something wrong with the multimedia system. Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

Now the heater settings has also started to change by itself. Every time from auto 20 degrees or something to cold and max output. 

And now the radio changes from FM to AM by itself as well. No one whom have had these issues before?

3 minutes ago, tholden said:

And now the radio changes from FM to AM by itself as well. No one whom have had these issues before?

The bluetooth issue makes sense, the others don't really, so you might have some sort of electrical issue. First thing I'd try in that case is press all relevant buttons to see if any are sticking slightly. If so, clean (if needed, raise button and use electrical contact cleaner). If still no joy, disconnect battery for ~20 seconds and then reconnect. 

If it was just bluetooth I'd say reseat the module. 

2 minutes ago, jbell said:

The Bluetooth issue makes sense, the others don't really, so you might have some sort of electrical issue. First thing I'd try in that case is press all relevant buttons to see if any are sticking slightly. If so, clean (if needed, raise button and use electrical contact cleaner). If still no joy, disconnect battery for ~20 seconds and then reconnect. 

If it was just Bluetooth I'd say reseat the module. 

I will try to press all the buttons later, but I have not noticed any of them sticking before. Going to check to be sure. 

I have tried battery disconnect, unfortunetly that did not work. 

Is there an electrical module or wire common for the heater, bluetooth module and stereo that might be faulty? I am a bit afraid that it will be expensive to have the dealers look into this. 

25 minutes ago, tholden said:

I will try to press all the buttons later, but I have not noticed any of them sticking before. Going to check to be sure. 

I have tried battery disconnect, unfortunetly that did not work. 

Is there an electrical module or wire common for the heater, bluetooth module and stereo that might be faulty? I am a bit afraid that it will be expensive to have the dealers look into this. 

bluetooth module is separate from radio/stereo (though I believe the two are connected) and both are separate to heater which is why this doesn't make much sense really. 

bluetooth modules being buggy (especially early ones like in a 2008) is definitely not unheard of, but the rest is not something I've heard of before. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club