Mavroz

Mk8 Fiesta St Line X - Further Issues

2 more Mk8 Fiesta Issues that need sorting by dealer.

A.) Headlights (both) seem very wobbly and loose. There doesn't appear to be any broken brackets or fixings.

This has caused the paint under the nearside headlight, where the rounded point of the headlight touches the bumper to rub away.

B.) The shut line of the bonnet is noticeably wider on one side to the other. The 2 issues are not connected as the dealer has had one attempt at the bonnet and not sorted it.

Car was taken by the dealer to be assessed 2 weeks ago by the approved body shop and returned.

Received email yesterday saying it could take 6 to 8 weeks for Ford to approve the repairs under warranty ??

A quick phone call later and the car will be collected Tuesday next week to have the repairs carried out..... Car will be away 3 days so a courtesy car is being left.

Headlights and mounts will be replaced, paint area stripped and repainted, bonnet will be aligned correctly this time...

Anyone else have wobbly headlights or poor shut lines around the bonnet?

Not looked that closely until just now. 

Well, at least the headlights don''t seem to be loose (yet). Bonnet shut line: passenger side is an even gap front to rear, drivers side narrows noticeably  (but not quite touching) towards the windscreen pillar. Gap between front of bonnet and shut plate seems wide also, can almost get the top of my little finger in there.

I'd better keep an eye on it!

PS - other bodywork issues I had previously noticed and meant to post about, are the poor fit of the ST-Line bodykit, particularly along the rear door sills and large gaps between the fog lights and the surrounds (meant to ask if this was normal).

Hmmm something seems like it comes loose..... The spacing around the bonnet was fine on collection, went out of alignment, dealer attempted a fix with no great success and it appears to have moved further now.

Interesting you guys mention that. I need to take a look at mine a bit more closely but have before noticed a noticeable gap in fog light/bumper area on the passengers side. 

My general opinion of the MK8 Fiesta with mine being the ST Line X is that it’s a fantastic car in terms of driving experience and equipment but it’s very hard to really like it due to various niggles with it. 

I actually find the interior to be on the low side of build quality. It rattles a little bit too much (dealer tried to have a look before but it’s one of those with no obvious fix) and perhaps I should have picked up on it when I tested the car out before I bought it, but the plastics are really low quality especially on the door panels which is a bit of a shame as otherwise, the interior is pretty tidy and to be fair to Ford, Sync 3 is a very good system imo 

Personally I think the advances between my 7.5 and her 8 are very very good.

The mk8 interior is far, far superior to the mk7.5 in my opinion.

The previous MK8 I had before this one had the bonnet gap issue.  The one I have now doesn't. 

I've come from an Audi A3 2016 so I'm noticing the interior materials difference, but then I expected to really.  I bought a Ford 😜

As for the features, not really impressed so far.  Some great ideas in there that don't quite seem to work lol. 

GPS that fails, lane departure that rumbles when it feels like it, collision detection that occasionally freaks out on an open road.  Oh and I do love the way it blasts the stereo when you switch the car on even if you had it muted last time you used it.. 

The B&o stereo isn't really optimised either,  sound is front centralised and needs the best of sources (lossless) to sound great. 

My plan was to keep this year old Titanium for the next 2 years then buy a ST-Line new,  but that's unlikely now. 

I'd avoided the Fiesta due to the prevously hideous interior. Is not a bad car,  just a bit disappointed if I'm honest.

Can't say we have ever had the stereo  (none B&o),the lane assist or collision issues at all.

4 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Can't say we have ever had the stereo  (none B&o),the lane assist or collision issues at all.

Same here. Mind you, my sales guy warned me the lane assist was a pain in the bum so it was switched off when I collected the car😀!

11 hours ago, tef89 said:

I've come from an Audi A3 2016 so I'm noticing the interior materials difference, but then I expected to really.  I bought a Ford 😜

My plan was to keep this year old Titanium for the next 2 years then buy a ST-Line new,  but that's unlikely now. 

Was an Audi fan myself, having had an an A3 and A4 previously. My plan was to keep the Fiesta until the next gen of A1, A3, BMW 1-series, Volvo V40 etc came out and have a look at those. Or if I was really impressed with the Fiesta, possibly consider a full fat ST.

Disappointing to read first reports on the new A1 however which suggest interior quality in particular has taken a dive and little better than the Ibiza which is built in the same SEAT plant in Martorell. Ironic that the Fiesta used to be built in Valencia but mine was built in Cologne - so much for the German engineering on Audi😀

I wasn't blown away by the A3, it was a good solid car though and I did like the interior.  Service was rubbish at my local franchise so that out me off keeping it. 

I was really hoping to get an ST-Line this time around but couldn't find the spec I wanted so opted for the Titanium to bide me over till bought a new one like I said. 

Sounds like I don't like the MK8 but I do, just these little niggles as has been mentioned. Hopefully they'll be sorted in 18 months when I look again. 

58 minutes ago, tef89 said:

I wasn't blown away by the A3, it was a good solid car though and I did like the interior.  Service was rubbish at my local franchise so that out me off keeping it. 

My local Audi were fine when I bought mine. They were an independent then though, now part of a big group and poor service to the extent I wonder how they manage to sell any cars these days - promised responses/test drives never materialised so I gave up on them. My last A3 was the previous version and I must admit I was less impressed with the current model.

Sorry to go so far off the original topic btw! Anyway managed a quick look at hinges etc between showers but can't see anything amiss, so guess that's just the way it is.

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

So Anyway managed a quick look at hinges etc between showers but can't see anything amiss, so guess that's just the way it is.

In my searches I'd definitely seen a few with the slightly out of line bonnet ... did worry me at first.

53 minutes ago, tef89 said:

In my searches I'd definitely seen a few with the slightly out of line bonnet ... did worry me at first.

Hmm.... I guess that's sort of good news, then - in a strange kind of way!😀