Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta ST-Line 67 Plate (2018) Humming Noise Fuel Pump

pavveluk

Other than telling them several other owners have no issues or no excessive noise, it is them telling you the noise is normal and you saying it is not.

Not sure where to go on this other than you asking to start a car or two in the dealership and  see if they make the same noise as yours....

If the dealership cars seem normal you have a starting point.

The thing is, the dealer has changed the pump already and the noise has not gone away.... That will be their defence.

Your dealer will probably be hesitant to give it another look and like Mavroz said, they replaced the pump already so will most likely try to use that to wiggle their way out of looking at it. Equally though, they surely must have acknowledged the noise to replace the pump on warranty and if the noise is still there, they should keep investigating to find the cause. 

If your dealer isn’t much help, as the car is under warranty, I would as a worst case scenario go to another dealer and ask them to take a look. 

Ok thanks everyone, ill go back to them and see what they say.

• 4 weeks later...

Well to follow up on this, they are telling me this is normal noise because it's a high pressure pump. I did listen in another and it was there but not as loud.  Also just today it now jumps back and forth on start up from low to high and rather than spinning down it stays on the highest speed sound??

Any advice?

Remembering the noise you recorded, it certainly isnt normal. In terms of what it could be, I do not know what it could be although others may be able to suggest an idea or two. 

In fairness, if there is a problem, it sound like you have an issue with your dealer too. Have you taken the car to another Ford dealer or an independent mechanic? 

I'm not sure how long you have had your car but you could always consider returning the car? Obviously depending how long you have had the car there could be a loss for you which wouldnt be ideal and hence why I'd recommend taking it to another mechanic. 

• 2 years later...

Hi I have and 18 plate mk 8 Ford Fiesta and mine has the exact same issue as yrs. thinking of taking it back to the dealer .

It really isn't an issue. Check to see if a pipe or wire is buzzing against the bodyshell. Mine hums on startup and the car is otherwise quiet but if it has been through two pumps the problem is in the way it has been fitted.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club