Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vibration through steering wheel

Woods1997

Had a couple wheels balanced before I took it to a garage to have my brake/brake drums looked at and cleaned and after getting my car back there is a vibration through my steering? Should I get my wheels balanced again? 

the wheels should not need balancing again unless they knocked the lead balance weights off accidentally. are the wheels in the same position on car as before or have they been mixed up.  eg. if you had a wheel on rear that was slightly out of balance before, you would feel it more if that wheel is now on the front. 

20 hours ago, isetta said:

the wheels should not need balancing again unless they knocked the lead balance weights off accidentally. are the wheels in the same position on car as before or have they been mixed up.  eg. if you had a wheel on rear that was slightly out of balance before, you would feel it more if that wheel is now on the front. 

Wheels are all in the same position as before. If it helps the vibration is more noticeable at around 35-40mph onwards.

It'll be the brakes if they were the only thing changed.  I'd suggest one of the discs has been fitted onto a dirty/corroded hub without cleaning it up first.

It could be;

Wheel balance. (This happened my old Fiesta 2004 same problem as ur).

Wheel bearing, try turn low speed to hear if you hear rumbles or something.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club