Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuse problem

Deivisssu

Hello so Im trying to install a remote wire to a fuse I bought add-a-circuit thing and the thing is its just keeps blow up
I used 7.5amp ignition fuse

Can you give us some more detail. By remote wire, do you mean for an amplifier or something of that nature? 

Yeah Im trying to install a amplifier but I dont know where to hooked up the remote blue wire lead I have factory radio btw

You remote wire is connected to the correct terminal on the amp? Also have you checked to make sure it is free of damage?

The remote wire is literally just a 12v wake up signal, doesn’t carry any current so strange that it would blow a fuse..

yes it is connected correctly you see the thing is I bought that add-a-circuit thing I know the bottom has to go the original fuse right? and top additional one? but does it has to be less amperage or same like bottom
maybe im doing something wrong?

and what do you mean free of damage? (sorry maybe my english is not that good)

61ZwXmhoZlL._SX679_.jpg

What size of fuse are you fitting for the amp? And also which of the 2 fuses blows?
By free of damage I mean it hasn't been trapped anywhere. Disconnect the amp and see if it blows the fuse still.

The amp should be the smallest fuse rating you have as it’s only a signal not to carry any power. 

Depending on what way round you fit the piggy back fuse holder will depend if the loads are independent or if they both go through the primary fuse first. If the live side of the fuse is on the left as per the top diagram below that is the ideal way to orientate it.

I’ve drawn you a quick diagram to try and explain this.

5B278C1E-6C52-4B8D-8E30-254F27FC160C.jpeg

The red circle thats the one always blows up
and no I dont think its trapped somewhere
and is this how it should be inserted?
5amp top and bottom as u can see is 7.5 everytime i turn ignition on that 5amp blows up and like u said I disconnected the amp no problem

djasiofsafas.png

That is correct, the output tail on the piggy back is the top slot.
I'm no audio expert but I'm of the opinion a remote wire should only draw something in the milliamp range so very small. If it doesn't blow with the amp disconnected, it would appear to me you have a faulty amp.

mmh maybe remote wire problem what if I change to different wire like bit thicker more than 12v would cause problem?

If you have disconnected the amp and the fuse does not blow you have proven the wire is ok so no need to change it. 

• 2 weeks later...

so yeah i figure it out now amplifier works i removed the top fuse blade 3amp and put 7.5amp only one and bottom is empty slot but now rain sensor wipers not working and i dont know how to make working both

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club