Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Couple of queries re 2018 Edge Sport

DAVEWILL5

Hi

Newbie to owning an Edge here, although i have owned Ford Galaxys for the last 15 years, the last one being a Titanium X 2016 model (new shape)

The Edge i have just got is a 2018 sport + lux pack

i like the car and inside is virtually the same as the Gal, however a couple of queries if someone could help?

Firstly the traffic speed warning and road signs on the dash

Both are turned on in the menu settings, but all i get is two greyed out circles on the dash. I turned the menu off and then on again and the system reset but said something like "reduced performance see user manual"  The 30mph red circle then came on but disappeared again pretty quickly to a grey circle??? (i was still in a 30mph zone)

Also i have the Sony dash and sat nav/radio in the Edge.  On Dab radio on the Gal it gave me artist and song title playing on radio. On the Edge i dont get that, just the radio station. Can you get the song title and artist on the Sony radio?? 

Just a couple to start with, any advice gratefully received

Cheers

Re the radio showing the artist/song, you can get this to show. Go into the radio menu in settings and there is an option to turn on something like radio text. Turn that on and songs/artists will then show.

I can't answer the signs query but I'm sure someone else will be able to. 

6 hours ago, DAVEWILL5 said:

Both are turned on in the menu settings, but all i get is two greyed out circles on the dash. I turned the menu off and then on again and the system reset but said something like "reduced performance see user manual"  The 30mph red circle then came on but disappeared again pretty quickly to a grey circle??? (i was still in a 30mph zone)

Reduced performance is usually because the camera can't see the signs (dirty upper central windscreen). There is a heater in there to to prevent fogging up, check if that is clearing the inside of the glass in the camera area. It also uses sat nav to supplement its speed zones too. Failing any issues, take it in for your dealer to look at. Someone has had a config issue which showed greyed out signs all the time.

Thanks 

Update on the speed signs.  Travelled to Bham today and at times on the M6 the speed signs were showing fine on the dash. Then suddenly they would just go, and the symbol was greyed out, then occasionally the speed sign would show but in black and white

Will try cleaning the windscreen first as the suggestion about dirty upper windscreen could be the answer

Thanks

The signs recognition software needs updating via IDS at a Dealer. There is a TSB on this from a year or so ago. Some of the UK Edge's still have the original Canadian recognition software which can't accurately interpret our signs.

Easy fixed, nothing to do with dirt or the M6

You might even get Sync3 updated at the same time if you are lucky.

H

• Like 1