Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Turvey's New House Troubles

Turvey

And finally the bathroom is finished!!! What with joiner not turning up when he was meant to, the plasterer being on holiday for a month and the plumber having to take 8 weeks off due to tearing ligaments in his neck this room has taken the longest by far. 

Window replaced and all new plasterboard fitted, new door, skirtings and facings. Replaced the old extractor fan with one with a light for above the shower. New radiator also fitted, plumber couldn't get it to heat up so we had to replace the pump as the old one wasn't pushing enough water upstairs, now the bathroom and upstairs bedrooms are toasty warm.

I think you'll agree that it now looks a wee bit brighter and a bit more up to date. 

IMG_20211228_125434104.jpg

IMG_20211228_125444757.jpg

IMG_20211228_125455235.jpg

• Like 1

Mrs Turvey has a wee bit of a project on which is nearly finished, so no 'After' pics yet.

Sitting room cabinets, handbuilt by the previous owner, were looking a bit dated but too good to rip out (and expensive to replace) so they've been altered slightly and have been painted. Just waiting on the joiner.... again 🙄 to come and put the finishing touches.

IMG_20210224_164154562.jpg

IMG_20210301_102823145.jpg

• Like 3

For the interest of clarity, the above pics of the cabinets were taken BEFORE any alterations 😀

AFTER pics will come as soon as it's finished 👍

• 1 month later...

Finally finished!!! 😀

Joiner finally came by and fitted the doors and glass shelves. 

The only bit I did was to cut and fit the mirrors at the back. I found two sliding wardrobe mirrored doors and dismantled them and cut them down to size to fit. I also fitted the new lights.

Mrs Turvey painted everything, took about 3 coats in some places 😲 I must admit that I was very dubious about how it was going to turn out but in the end I think it looks quite good, certainly a huge improvement on what it looked like before.

IMG_20220221_202751434.jpg

IMG_20220224_160817796.jpg

IMG_20220221_202830874.jpg

• Like 2

Looks so much more modern now.  I'm not generally a fan of upcycled furniture but that shows it can be done well!

• Like 2

@TomsFocusI know what you mean by your views on upcycled furniture, sometimes it can look really tacky. 

I'm really chuffed for Mrs Turvey in how this turned out.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club