Do Not Sell My Personal Information

replacement battery

michaelburrows

tried starting my 2013 focus 2.0 tdci this morning.  loads of clicking and dash lights doing strange things. got recovery out who said flat battery. checked alternator once he got it started.  said charging ok. queztion. battery looks original ford  700 cca and 80 ah..so whato replace it with. any ideas.  Halfords yuasa battery for this car does not have same spec ie lower ah and cca.  so looked online and they all show different for same car.  any ideas welcome

• Like 1

It's worth checking Ford dealer prices for a genuine battery, they're usually not bad for batteries and you'll know its the right one for your size engine & stop start etc.

35 minutes ago, michaelburrows said:

tried starting my 2013 focus 2.0 tdci this morning.  loads of clicking and dash lights doing strange things. got recovery out who said flat battery. checked alternator once he got it started.  said charging ok. queztion. battery looks original ford  700 cca and 80 ah..so whato replace it with. any ideas.  halfords yuasa battery for this car does not have same spec ie lower ah and cca.  so looked online and they all show different for same car.  any ideas welcome

Highly recommend the "Bosch S4" range of batteries or if you have Stop/Start you need to look at the Bosch S5 range, 

Link: https://uk.bosch-automotive.com/en_GB/parts_and_accessories_2/service_parts_1/batteries_4/batteries_5 

Ford batteries don't last long when installing my accessories i done alot of research and found Bosch batteries to be most reliable.

I've got a Bosch S4 007 fitted in my focus running 7" and 10" HD screens, two class D amps 400W full range and 300W mono, two DVR dash cams, 4G wifi router, tv tuner with pause & record, projector puddle lights, front & rear footwell lights and a GPS tracker 

Have the battery fitted three years now no issues, 

Check Bosch website for the correct size of S4 or S5 to suit your model then find a supplier, 

IMG_20150331_102448_zpsxqez2uos.thumb.jpg.76e9272e1e4b29ec77d09081fbb18401.jpg

IMG_20150331_103555_zpsxzmdgt9x.thumb.jpg.3169f08c2ae1291776a890b171843f0c.jpg

IMG_20150623_201551_zpsxvj3rif2.thumb.jpg.d131c9afe5752676f78255a3cc5a48d9.jpg

Hi, i can also recommend Bosch.

I had some great advice from a forum member here for a simular issue with my 2011 Focus titan TDI. 

Bosch battery a little pricier but 2 years on and..dare i say it.. All good.

• Like 1

Yes, a Bosch s4 for me as well.

I have purchased several and not disappointed.

Just check around for the best price.

ScaniaPBman.

Reccommend few manufacturers: Bosch S4, Varta Silver, Banner Power bull or Mutlu  3 series in LB4 size. Make sure on the following:

- new battery size; car space is limited to W175xH175xL315 mm (this shoud accomodate LB4 size batery)

- get the battery with most recent production date,

- get the battery that is heaviest of these three, new so called expanded grid technology is very light in weight, this means lower life span 

- get the battery that has declared silver-calcium technology since it can take high under-the-hood temperatures, try to stay away from calcium-calcium technology

It's a good idea to put new battery on a battery charger before installation.

Varta "silver" are the exact same battery as Bosch S5, same warranty but usually a good chunk cheaper to buy.

if i were to purchase a battery to fit my self it looks a real *****. i cant honestly see how it comes out.  yes remove terminals and top bracket. but battery is as big as the battery box. it dosnt move.  whats the secret.  tried googling. they seem to be removing a shorter lenth battery

its fiddly, but not a major issue (some suggest the air box needs to come out... ) my 1.6 vvti has the big cylindrical air filter (8" diameter by 11" long or something) but I left it in place

• Like 1

does anyone know if once the battery is disconnected there will be any issues when new battery is connected. i.e settings etc.  bit worried bout radio. because i dont have any code to re enter..  

There isn't a radio code on the Mk3 so you'll be fine there - though you may have to adjust the settings on the radio, presets etc.

The battery monitor for the start stop will have to be reset. (Plenty of guides for that on here)

The one touch windows will have to be reset.

I think that's all.

my car isnt stop start unless you are meaning the stop start button to start and stop the car??

its start /stop like when you stop at traffic lights etc the car will stop running and a quick press of the clutch will start it back up again. as your car won`t have that the batt change should be fairly easy :rolleyes:

yeh.thort thats what was meant.  im biting the bullet tomorrow and buying a yuasa hsb096 battery for 120 quid and attempting the fitting my self. omg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club