MJDon

ESP & EWL & Engine Fault

Hi Guys,

Just thought I’d let you know that I have had the ( ESP - ϞϞ  &  EWL  &  Engine Fault “Δ” ) for over 2½ years now on my 58 plate Kuga ( bought from new ) when there was only 30,000 miles on the clock. I have to date spent nearly £ 1,000 to resolve the issue. I even engaged with Ford Customer Service ??????? for over 17 months with seven different so called Customer Care Advisors to no avail. I even wrote to Mr Barratt ( Ford UK Chairman & Managing Director ) five times. My conclusion after being a lifelong loyal Ford Customer ( Over 50 years ), is that once you retire and as a result your annual mileage drops from over 22,000 miles a year to less than 4,000 miles a year Ford seem to justify their refusal to accept any responsibility with their vehicles once they have exceeded the three year warranty even though there is also a serious safety issue ( Limp Mode on a Motorway ) with the above problem. My advice therefore is once you reach retirement age seriously consider who you buy your new car from, ie one who appears to accept reasonable responsibility to customers.