Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Malfunction - Under load 1.6 TDCI

ttheyid

Hi guys

I sold my 1.6 TDCI 2011 to a friend, and since this when accelerating the car often goes into limp mode and "engine malfunction" comes on, I plugged into a Snapon Solus and nothing came up. He took to his mate at ford and he mentioned Fuel sensor and fuel filter ... I have since bought back off him to saver the hassle and will sort myself, do you know if this is a majorly common thing? It drives well in every other aspect.

On 12/12/2018 at 10:00 AM, ttheyid said:

Hi guys

I sold my 1.6 TDCI 2011 to a friend, and since this when accelerating the car often goes into limp mode and "engine malfunction" comes on, I plugged into a Snapon Solus and nothing came up. He took to his mate at ford and he mentioned Fuel sensor and fuel filter ... I have since bought back off him to saver the hassle and will sort myself, do you know if this is a majorly common thing? It drives well in every other aspect.

Potentially also the EGR valve could be a cause of this too. I had similar issues like this without error codes and it was narrowed down to the EGR valve eventually.

my 1.6tdci fiesta started getting the warning light on and going into limp mode. fault code said fuel pressure. changed fuel filter and all fine.  Filter had been on there for about 115k miles.   But on this forum I have seen others with similar problems at much lower mileages that was cured by filter change.    I think ford say change each 37.5k. 

• Like 1

Common rail diesels definitely tend not to like dirty/partially clogged old filters, I can always tell the difference on my 1.8 TDCi when I've replaced the fuel filter (thankfully on my engine it's only £7 for a good filter i.e. Bosch, the father in law nearly passed out when he had to pay £60+ for the fuel filter for a DV6 engine on the MK2.5 Focus).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club