Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transit power loss

Mickym

Hi I’ve recently bought a 2014 2.2 transit, there seems to be a sudden loss of power as though I’m not getting any boost from the turbo or not enough diesel, it always occurs when I’m about to put my foot down to go past another vehicle or go up a hill basin when I need a bit more power, there are no faults showing and I’ve slready had the egr blanked and the dpf by passed as I was told these may be the problem but they have made no difference, any help would be greatly appreciated 

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Fuel filter? 

It has been fully serviced in a ford dealership mate 

With the filter changed? Servicing on the transits don't include fuel filter unless the blocked filter light is showing  on dash.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iantt said:

With the filter changed? Servicing on the transits don't include fuel filter unless the blocked filter light is showing  on dash.

Ok mate il try that and see thanks 

Ive done a few with the same symptoms on transit.  Because of this , we informed customers and gave them the option to have fuel filter done at service time.

I'm not saying the filter will cure your issue , but the lack of codes indicates it could be. 

Oh, and who ever does it will get diesel every whern removing the filter if is located in the engine bay. On the custom they fit them underneath near the fuel tank and are easier esp if you have the right tool to undo the filter housing. 

Ok mate thanks for that I’ll get it changed this weekend and hopefully it cures it

• 2 weeks later...

Had the van serviced today with all new filters and it has made no difference what so ever, is there any chance it could be the pressure control sensor on the end of the fuel pump

• 2 weeks later...

Had it plugged in today at an independent garage and it diagnosed 3 glow plugs out and the mechanic believes this is the cause of my power loss 

• 3 weeks later...

but won't the glowplugs only affect it if the engine is cold? If the engine is up to temperature won't the glowplugs have switched themselves off?

• 2 months later...

Some cars also use them as part of dpf regen (see bmw diesels from some engine generations) but they shouldn't have any effect in normal driving. Sounds like a sensor maybe manifold pressure sensor is dodgy, sometimes this doesn't throw a light but may have a code hidden away.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi I have recently purchased a new shape transit custom (18 plate) only has 12k on the clock I have noticed a loss of power when reaching 60mph or above I work on the roads so motorway driving is a daily occurrence for me the acceleration is none existent when the fault occurs and it’s crawling when on an incline until it kicks in again, I have taken it to an independent garage who could not find any fault codes after a second visit they changed the oil and oil filter but it’s still doing it and again with no fault codes showing does anybody have any help or experience regarding this issue? Any help would be much appreciated thanks in advance 

Speed limiter?...probably not as I wouldn't have thought it would cut the power like that. Might be worth checking on ETIS as that normally shows if it's been limited from what I've seen when looking at Customs (looking to buy one)

When you say "incline" do you mean generally or at motorway speeds only. Do you get any error messages or lights on the dash?

Might be worth asking on the Custom Owners Group on Facebook if you have that...LInk to COG

No it’s not speed restricted the orange spanner comes up on the dash should have mentioned in original post I guess, 

just at motorway speeds anything like 60 and above iv noticed it so far other than that general driving seems fine so for example last week I was sat at 70mph on a motorway and hit an incline It wouldn’t accelerate anymore going up and was dropping mph if I let my foot off it does this all the way and comes and goes just no idea where to start other than just having everything changed 1 thing at a time but obviously I rely on it for work and no guarantee it will work 

How is the engine when it does that, is it rough? I know there were problems with the 2.0 diesel injectors and are subject to a recall.

Did you buy the van from a dealer, might have to take it back. ( I know that's difficult as your business relies on it)

If you PM your reg number to me then I can have a look on ETIS to see if it shows anything

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This has just started happening to my 19 plate van today.  I was towing caravan to set up for my wife and kids to enjoy. And lossy all proper on every hill.  Down to 1st gear and max 2000rpm foot to the floor.

On the way back I had assumed it was just not happy towing but no same thing.  Every hill is hazard lights on and 2000 rpm in first gear untill the ground flattens off. 

Have had no issues up until today (Monday)

The battery does go flat every weekend but put that down to forgetting to close the doors

• 3 months later...

Hello there, I have an 18 plate 2.0l eco blue 130hp,and this fault happens to me even on the level. If I put my foot on the clutch it will not rev over 3000, if I put it in neutral  it will rev right the way up ,!!  Any ideas. The diesel pressure has been replaced but no joy.

l

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/08/2020 at 3:43 PM, Jono1890 said:

No it’s not speed restricted the orange spanner comes up on the dash should have mentioned in original post I guess, 

just at motorway speeds anything like 60 and above iv noticed it so far other than that general driving seems fine so for example last week I was sat at 70mph on a motorway and hit an incline It wouldn’t accelerate anymore going up and was dropping mph if I let my foot off it does this all the way and comes and goes just no idea where to start other than just having everything changed 1 thing at a time but obviously I rely on it for work and no guarantee it will work 

Hi @Jono1890

Did you manage to get to the bottom of this?

I've been having exactly the same issue down to the letter since July 2020 and it's doing my head in.  2018 Custom 130

Weirdly it was right after a remap, but the guys have been most unhelpful just keep saying go and get diagnostics (there are like 4 hours away). I'm pretty sure there aren't any fault codes that will show up anyway.

Unfortunately I'm on service work and haven't had a spare day to try get anyone to look at it.

I've run VCDS but nothing  comes up on there, granted it's not a Ford tool.  (My car is a skoda so hence the VAG tools)

Any help would be gratefully received!

I have exactly the same problem on a 2007 Transit LWB Minibus, 2.4 TDCI. I am at my wit's end. But nobody above seems to have found a solution or aren't posting if they have. I would be really grateful (along with many others by the looks of it!) to hear if ANYONE managed to solve this issue.

My van has had a remap (last owner did that to try to solve problem), is fully serviced, showing only two faults on a scan which I think are unrelated (pasted below just for info in case others have the same). It has also had EGR blanked.

My wife drives it with all our children on board and it's pretty concerning. We are pretty hard up and can't afford to take it to Ford unless absolutely necessary. Some days it drives fine, others it's like it's in limp mode. I wondered if it could be ABS kicking in or related to traction control in some way.

PLEASE - If anyone here has any ideas or better... success in fixing this, please shout! thanks

Looks a good forum this so I think i will stick around either way! Cheers chaps

===BCMii DTC B1048:7B-80===
Code: B1048 - Brake Fluid Level Switch

===BCMii DTC P0070:16-0A===
Code: P0070 - Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Circuit A

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/5/2020 at 8:40 AM, Benneb said:

This has just started happening to my 19 plate van today.  I was towing caravan to set up for my wife and kids to enjoy. And lossy all proper on every hill.  Down to 1st gear and max 2000rpm foot to the floor.

On the way back I had assumed it was just not happy towing but no same thing.  Every hill is hazard lights on and 2000 rpm in first gear untill the ground flattens off. 

Have had no issues up until today (Monday)

The battery does go flat every weekend but put that down to forgetting to close the doors

This has happened to my 19 plate van to.  Seems to be an issue with adblue and oil contamination 

On 2/1/2021 at 11:27 AM, JimmyPeters said:

I have exactly the same problem on a 2007 Transit LWB Minibus, 2.4 TDCI. I am at my wit's end. But nobody above seems to have found a solution or aren't posting if they have. I would be really grateful (along with many others by the looks of it!) to hear if ANYONE managed to solve this issue.

My van has had a remap (last owner did that to try to solve problem), is fully serviced, showing only two faults on a scan which I think are unrelated (pasted below just for info in case others have the same). It has also had EGR blanked.

My wife drives it with all our children on board and it's pretty concerning. We are pretty hard up and can't afford to take it to Ford unless absolutely necessary. Some days it drives fine, others it's like it's in limp mode. I wondered if it could be ABS kicking in or related to traction control in some way.

PLEASE - If anyone here has any ideas or better... success in fixing this, please shout! thanks

Looks a good forum this so I think i will stick around either way! Cheers chaps

===BCMii DTC B1048:7B-80===
Code: B1048 - Brake Fluid Level Switch

===BCMii DTC P0070:16-0A===
Code: P0070 - Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Circuit A

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2021 at 7:50 PM, Happygolfer said:

This has happened to my 19 plate van to.  Seems to be an issue with adblue and oil contamination 

Did you manage to get it sorted?

I had a service today (non Ford) and he said there are no errors but few old ones which are like fuel pressure and all the other things Ford are known for.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club