Mickym

Transit power loss

Hi I’ve recently bought a 2014 2.2 transit, there seems to be a sudden loss of power as though I’m not getting any boost from the turbo or not enough diesel, it always occurs when I’m about to put my foot down to go past another vehicle or go up a hill basin when I need a bit more power, there are no faults showing and I’ve slready had the egr blanked and the dpf by passed as I was told these may be the problem but they have made no difference, any help would be greatly appreciated 

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Fuel filter? 

It has been fully serviced in a ford dealership mate 

With the filter changed? Servicing on the transits don't include fuel filter unless the blocked filter light is showing  on dash.

9 hours ago, iantt said:

With the filter changed? Servicing on the transits don't include fuel filter unless the blocked filter light is showing  on dash.

Ok mate il try that and see thanks 

Ive done a few with the same symptoms on transit.  Because of this , we informed customers and gave them the option to have fuel filter done at service time.

I'm not saying the filter will cure your issue , but the lack of codes indicates it could be. 

Oh, and who ever does it will get diesel every whern removing the filter if is located in the engine bay. On the custom they fit them underneath near the fuel tank and are easier esp if you have the right tool to undo the filter housing. 

Ok mate thanks for that I’ll get it changed this weekend and hopefully it cures it

Had the van serviced today with all new filters and it has made no difference what so ever, is there any chance it could be the pressure control sensor on the end of the fuel pump

Had it plugged in today at an independent garage and it diagnosed 3 glow plugs out and the mechanic believes this is the cause of my power loss 

but won't the glowplugs only affect it if the engine is cold? If the engine is up to temperature won't the glowplugs have switched themselves off?