Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated front Screen

Rich A

Hi

I have a 2007 Zetect Climate Fiesta, with a heated front screen.

It Doesn't work, I have checked the screen and I can see the filament (so no aftermarket normal screen).

The switch light comes on when pressing the switch, I have checked the fuses (2) and they are fine, and as the rear works fine so I think they share a relay, so I assume that is fine also.

I tried looking for the actual connector to the screen by removing the front valance and metal cover above the wiper box, but could not see any wiring or connector.

So my question is where is the connector on my model in the engine bay or the interior??

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

That's what I was wondering, but looking for a solid steer before pulling the interior about 😰

yes, definitley behind the plastic internal windscreen pillars. they can be hard to get off without breaking the fixing bits. My feeling is that the problem will not be there. The windscreen has a separate circuit for each side, there is a positive and negative (earth) connector on each pillar for that side of the screen. If neither side works it would be unsual if the same problem arose with the connectors at same time for both sides. Unless someone replaced the screen and forgot to reconnect both sides but seems very unlilkely.  

Thanks, I need to see if it does have a separate relay then..

• 4 weeks later...

Rich A - Did you resolve the problem with your heated front windscreen?

I am just interested to know what caused the problem and how it was rectified.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club