Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.8TDCI Engine Cut out - Electrical issues? - Help

FociDoci

Yesterday I noticed the battery light came on. Thought nothing of it. Picked Mrs up from work and that was that.

Went shopping today and light came on again. Then came ABS light along with loss of power steering. Dropped wife off at Supermarket and took it for a run around the block thinking it just needed a boost from Alternator. Wrestling with the wheel!

Then all lights went off and it conked out. Wouldnt re-start so had to call a mate to give battery a jump. I just about got home before it did the same again and I managed to coast back home and just about dump it on drive. Like a scene from Faulty towers or something. 

Just left it as I was so soaked and ***** off I just couldnt be bothered to even look at it. Before I got out and just managed to lock the central locking with what little power there was I noticed a continuous clicking noise from Glove box area?

I hope its just the battery and not alternator or starter motor! Although I cant see it just cutting out completely once battery had done its job to get car started?

Any input from anyone with similar issues or advice would be greatly appreciated!

All the best.

Sounds like an alternator failure, of course you will need to test to confirm but the lights coming on and loss of power steering etc are exactly the symptoms you would get as the electrical system shuts down and voltage drops.

Charged battery all day. Had a look and serpentine belt snapped. Cheap fix I hope. May give it a go myself if it's not too cold tomorrow. Although I can't see garage charging that much?