Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford newbie

jonah406

Hello Ford owners,

Having been a driver since 89, I was part of the generation where you were either Ford or Vauxhall. Sad to say for my early years, I favoured the Vauxhall, ranging from Astra/Cavalier (SRi/GSi) right up to my present car, Vauxhall Insiginia. Following a number of ongoing issues with the Insignia, I decided it was time for a change, yet was undecided on what to buy next. I thought about SUV/Hatch, but with so much on the market, the decision was a taxing one.

Fast forward to a few months ago, where I needed to hire a car for a journey to the Midlands, after not having much confidence that the Insignia would make it.

I picked up the hire car, Ford Focus 1.0 Ecoboost ST-Line, have to say was very surprised by the whole package, right down to the styling/handling/performance/ergonomics, everything just seemed to be right. So my decision was made, it would have to be the Focus in this spec, however my biggest concern was the engine, while it's performance did come as a surprise, I always felt more was needed, particularly when looking to overtake mid range.

So I scoured the internet, and can proudly say I am now the owner of 2017 Ford Focus 1.5 Ecoboost ST-Line, and boy what a package Ford have put together. It puts a smile on my face everyday, its performance amazes me, any revs/any gear, just foot down and off you go. You think you're going too fast into a corner/roundabout, the car just copes with it, I am amazed every day,

Look forward to following fellow Ford drivers, and long may this car rule

13 hours ago, jonah406 said:

Having been a driver since 89, I was part of the generation where you were either Ford or Vauxhall.

Me too (although from '95).

Sad to say for my early years, I favoured the Vauxhall.

In that case, get out! :ban:

I am now the owner of 2017 Ford Focus 1.5 Ecoboost ST-Line.

Okay, forgiven 😁

Welcome and enjoy the car 👍

• Like 1

I have a 2017 Focus, same spec but the diesel version -1.5tdci with the powershift transmission. This is my 5th Ford, 6th if you count the month I owned a ‘G’ reg Orion. The car before my Focus was a 1.5 ecoboost Mondeo Mk5 and I loved it, still miss it today but it was bigger than we needed and spent more time at the petrol station than I was happy with. The performance, looks and comfort were all superb, as were the toys. I do like the focus though, and the auto box. Fuel consumption is decent too, getting low 50mpg as opposed to 35 in the Mondeo. 

What colour did you get, any pictures?

Thanks Jonro,

In my day, it was either XR3i or Astra GTE,

Seriously, though I love the whole Ford package in the current spec, had it less than a week, and still so much fun, there will come a time when economy takes over from the fun side, and I start to drive it a little more conservatively.

Most of the pics I have were taken in the evening, but will aim to get some up at the weekend, it's black in colour, had the apperance pack fitted originally, so 18' alloys/privacy glass/daytime running lights

Thanks for the welcome

Back in '95 as a new driver you were either a Nova or a Fiesta guy.

What did I buy? A Peugeot 205 :wacko:

I've repented and only bought Fords since though (oh and a Lotus, but I think that's allowed) :smile:

5 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Back in '95 as a new driver you were either a Nova or a Fiesta guy.

What did I buy? A Peugeot 205 :wacko:

205 GTi is still one of the best hot hatches!  But I'm guessing yours wasn't a GTi lol...  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

205 GTi is still one of the best hot hatches!  But I'm guessing yours wasn't a GTi lol...  

1.1 XL 😂

But I did fit GTI wheels 👍

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TimST2 said:

1.1 XL 😂

But I did fit GTI wheels 👍

Excellent, a whole 50bhp in those iirc! :biggrin: 

My first car was a 306 1.4 Miami...also fitted GTi wheels of course! :laugh:  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TimST2 said:
1.1 XL [emoji23]
But I did fit GTI wheels [emoji106]

Ah, memories...

6e79d3741d29b612587ea3981a1e4171.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

And apologies to the OP for the thread drift!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club