Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing camera Sync 3

jonah406

Hi we have a Ford Focus Titanium 2018 1.0 Petrol ecoboost.

Im using a OEM wiring on the tailgate connected to the grey plug. I’m using a OEM camera too.

• 1 month later...

Hello I have a focus 2018.

Ive installed the camera and the cable but I can't get the radio to work with it. 

It works well with a screen that I got from another rearwiew system

Hello I have a focus 2018.
Ive installed the camera and the cable but I can't get the radio to work with it. 
It works well with a screen that I got from another rearwiew system
As above, did you activate the camera using Forscan? How have you connected the camera lead using the grey plug, is it OEM camera?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's not oem camera, it's a aftermarket, but my sync 3, does not have a menu "vehicle" in it. 

How do I use for scan? 

Forscan is a programming software that you use to activate the reverse camera in the cars APIM.

If you do a search online you will find the forscan forum and within that will be a tutorial on its use.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
On 12/6/2019 at 7:24 PM, KiwiPolish said:

Hi we have a Ford Focus Titanium 2018 1.0 Petrol ecoboost.

Im using a OEM wiring on the tailgate connected to the grey plug. I’m using a OEM camera too.

Where did you get the OEM wiring and OEM camera from? Can’t seem to find it anywhere? 

This is for a mk4 focus?

thanks 

• 1 month later...

Hi people,

I've been following this thread for a little while thinking about trying to retro fit an aftermarket reversing camera to my 2017 Focus Titanium fitted with the SYNC3.

My Focus has got factory fitted parking sensors and the grey (motorcraft WPT-285) connector in the boot, yeah!

So I took the plunge and ordered  https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07TTSC2J8 (for less than £10!)

Having previously removed the trim from the inside of the hatch to confirm I could route the wire without problems, physically fitting the camera was straight forward, with the cable routed back to the grey connector. I was planning to and did need to remove the RCA connectors off the end that I fed through to the boot. Having bared the outer insulation of the cable from the camera I have a red, yellow and black cable which I hope to wire directly to the cables from the grey connector. I am planning on using the 'trigger' cable to power the camera from the grey connector.

Previous posts have stated that:
pin1 white is 12v,
pin2 brown earth,
pin3  white/blue Linbus,
pin4 blue video+ ,
pin5 green video - ,
pin6 sheild

I was reluctant to cut these cables and was hoping to buy a pigtail kit but was unable to find a UK supplier. I have managed to do is pop pins 1,4 and 5 out of the grey connector and I am hoping to just use choc-bloc connectors to join the cable, I can easily pop the the pins back into the connector if I cannot get the camera to work.

So my task for tomorrow is choc-bloc the wires together and then get an ELM327 cable ordered (a schoolboy error not getting that ordered sooner) and get FORSCAN downloaded and installed.

I'll let you know how I get on once the ELM327 cable has arrived. Any tips for a FORSCAN virgin??

P.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've connected the
black RCA wire to pin 5 (green wire)
yellow RCA wire to pin 4 (blue wire)
red 'trigger' wire to pin 1 (white wire)
and modded the APIM as built config to enable the camera.

When I put the car into reverse I briefly get a blue screen, followed by a black screen and then a warning message the the camera was not available. 😞

I've deffinately got 12V feeding the camera, but I can't think of an easy way to confirm that I am getting a video signal out of the camera. I have not checked anything in the passenger foot well yet, should I? What should I be looking for?? Can anybody suggest an easy way to check if there is a video output from the camera?

Worst case I will put the APIM as built back to as shipped.

Many thanks.

I haven't done this myself, but have you earthed the camera? 

So I’ve had a look in the boot in my mk3.5 2018 focus and there’s no grey connector (booo!) 

but the 54 pin adaptor isn’t available on amazon anymore... so does anyone know where I could get one from please?!

thank you!

10 hours ago, Zece said:

So I’ve had a look in the boot in my mk3.5 2018 focus and there’s no grey connector (booo!) 

but the 54 pin adaptor isn’t available on Amazon anymore... so does anyone know where I could get one from please?!

thank you!

If your not in a rush then aliexpress from china

Following this thread as I'd like to do the same.

In the end, I bought a kit online instead of piecing together all the different parts from different sources. It should hopefully arrive in the next few days and I'll give it a go.

5 hours ago, DaSingh said:

If your not in a rush then aliexpress from china

Nice one, I'll order! Cheers 

Update from me:

bought a camera mentioned in a previous reply...

installed it, earthed it and fed the live to the rear fuse box to connect later (remember this..)

fed the video feed through to the front all while waiting for the 54pin APIM cable to come from china

cable arrived within 3 days of dispatch (amazingly!)

so I’ve removed the centre console to get to the sync screen (strangely wasn’t bad to do at all) and installed the cable along with connecting the video feed.

now I go to install the live to a fuse... realise I haven’t got anymore piggyback fuse holders!!!! So I’ve had to order one from amazon. Doh!

activated via for scan and a blue screen now comes up on reverse.

so I’m hoping to complete on Sunday as I’m away for the next 2 days!!

but all in all, it’s not been a bad job to install 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2020 at 7:43 AM, south_bound said:

I haven't done this myself, but have you earthed the camera? 

I hadn't because I'd read that it could use the Video- as earth anyway. I have now earthed the camera and still no joy at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 9:49 AM, Poor Lizard said:

I hadn't because I'd read that it could use the Video- as earth anyway. I have now earthed the camera and still no joy at the moment.

Did you get any further with this?  I am looking to do exactly what you have done by connecting everything to the grey plug in the boot.

Thanks

• Like 1

I have followed this topic with interest and decided to check if I could get a reverse camera working on my 2018 Focus ST which has reverse sensors. I found the grey plug mentioned previously. Connected wires from a camera to pin 4 (video +) and pin 5 ( video -) and, to test if it would work, a  separate 12v power supply for the camera. I then, using FORScan opened the Sync 3 apim changed 7D0-01-01 0968-65DA-90 to 0B68-65DA-90 and when I selected reverse I had a working camera. However I lost the reverse sensor. I have reverted back to only sensors but will be fitting a reverse camera once I find the FORScan settings to have both reverse camera and sensors. Does anyone know which settings need to be changed?

For anyone considering this modification attached is a picture of the 6 pin grey plug found under the small cover in the right hand side of the boot. My connections were video+ to the blue wire and video- to the green wire.

1BBAFEFF-C6AA-49E5-8CF6-56D051A7D98F.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 9/10/2020 at 3:22 PM, gselgin said:

I have followed this topic with interest and decided to check if I could get a reverse camera working on my 2018 Focus ST which has reverse sensors. I found the grey plug mentioned previously. Connected wires from a camera to pin 4 (video +) and pin 5 ( video -) and, to test if it would work, a  separate 12v power supply for the camera. I then, using FORScan opened the Sync 3 apim changed 7D0-01-01 0968-65DA-90 to 0B68-65DA-90 and when I selected reverse I had a working camera. However I lost the reverse sensor. I have reverted back to only sensors but will be fitting a reverse camera once I find the FORScan settings to have both reverse camera and sensors. Does anyone know which settings need to be changed?

I am planning on doing the same (waiting for my camera to be delivered - a couple of weeks lead time from China).

Although my car is older than yours (I assume 2018 in the quoted text is correct - your profile says 2013), on Sync2 rather than 3 and has front/rear/side sensors, I was planning on changing byte 2 to B (not sure what mine currently is) as this is what I had seen in various posts in several groups.  I also found this in a Forscan spreadsheet (although its for an F150):

image.thumb.png.6c6dc0a57769b4fd2433aac1de76c4c4.png

Which seems to indicate that B is the correct value.  D and F might be worth a try.

It is 2018 with Sync 3 I simply haven’t updated my profile. I changed 7D0-01-01 from 0968-65DA-90 to 0B68-65DA-90 (the last 2 digits xxxx-xxxx-xxXX are simply a checksum so do not need to be changed when using FORScan). The reversing camera and rear sensors both now work. The rear sensors need to have the engine running to work. When initially tested I only had the ignition on. I believe the change in 7D0-01-01 is the same for Sync 2. If you have the same grey plug in the driver’s side of the boot this makes the fitting of a rear camera so much easier.

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2020 at 9:11 AM, gselgin said:

It is 2018 with Sync 3 I simply haven’t updated my profile. I changed 7D0-01-01 from 0968-65DA-90 to 0B68-65DA-90 (the last 2 digits xxxx-xxxx-xxXX are simply a checksum so do not need to be changed when using FORScan). The reversing camera and rear sensors both now work. The rear sensors need to have the engine running to work. When initially tested I only had the ignition on. I believe the change in 7D0-01-01 is the same for Sync 2. If you have the same grey plug in the driver’s side of the boot this makes the fitting of a rear camera so much easier.

This is from a 2015 Sync2 car (Titanium) 7D0-01-01-096C-xxxx-xxxx to 7D0-01-01-0B6C-xxxx-xxxx

Key

3 = With camera no PDC

9 = No camera with PDC

B = With Camera and PDC

Hi Guys

I have a 2018 ford focus 

I have sync 3.

I also found the grey plug in the boot of car.

Can anyone tell me what plug goes into this?

And what I need,

Thank you 

Steven

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club