Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing camera Sync 3

jonah406

13 minutes ago, Dojj said:

i got all the stuff from the states, £50 for the camera £15 for the loom
they've got plenty over there on ebay and the like and keeping it original means not taking dash apart and the mrs making shouty noises lol

plus i get to use the original stuff like the lines etc

if there was a plug in aftermarket alternative that was better i would use that like i have for my other cars

That's not a bad price to be fair. Especially if it means you get working lines. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

On 11/3/2020 at 5:55 PM, stevenkya said:

Hi Guys

I have a 2018 ford focus 

I have sync 3.

I also found the grey plug in the boot of car.

Can anyone tell me what plug goes into this?

And what I need,

Thank you 

Steven

Where abouts in the boot I'v stripped my 2018 fiesta and cant find it

He's not going to answer a post over a year old. 

He had grey plug on a Focus but you have a Fiesta unless I'm mistaken. 

Yes I have a Fiesta, stil cant find the plug

The point I was making is you won't have the grey plug on a 2018 Fiesta, just like I don't have a grey plug on my 2019 Focus. 

You will have to run your own wiring through to the front. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I want to install OEM reverse camera on my Focus MK3. I have retrofitted sync 3 and an RCA aftermarket reverse camera. All programmed and installed. Everything works ok. Did not use grey plug (I think I saw it there but did not know it can be used for camera), so had to get RCA directly from APIM to camera. My car did not have OEM reverse sensors (well ford retrofitted third party IR ones as a gift) or PAM.

Does anyone the part numbers for all needed for OEM reverse camera for focus MK3? I mean:

1) OEM camera part number

2) OEM rear handle mount part number

3) OEM wiring from grey plug ( I think I have seen it there while installing third party camera but never used this) to OEM camera part number? 

In addition, is OEM Focus MK3 camera installed on a rear door handle or not?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hello looking to fit reverse camera to my 2018 Titaniam Focus mk3.5 F/L

I need a list of things to buy please and where to get them from. I have the grey plug in the boot. Do the cameras come with the plug or do you purchase separately or splice into the wires. What are the colours on the plug. Live feed etc.

Any help or pics or videos would be great. 

FB_IMG_1625231835424.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if I had rear handle with old bulp license plate light and installing third party camera with led license plate light, do I need to change any setting on BCM to tell I have led now. I am getting a DTC about the license plate light even though it works fine. 

Hi Aris, I wouldn't have thought that the car was monitoring the rear license plate bulb, normally the supply for them is just tapped off the supply to one of the rear lights.

Also I doubt with a 2011 car it would even have the settings in the BCM to be able to change it to LED.

What is the fault code you are seeing ?

I have managed to fit the reverse camera and programme th APIM to recognise camera. However it would seem I'm missing to cables from the bottom loom to the sync 3 unit. I think these are pins 14 & 15 from the floor multi plug under the centre console. Does anyone know what pins I would need to and the gauge and colour of these wires. I would assume they are green and blue as per colour of the grey boot plug. Frustrating so near yet so far 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

I have a question, I did everything as you wrote, but I have a problem. i don't have a line on my camera, is there anything i can do?

Cam.

Photo

On 6/10/2019 at 13:29, Jambors said:

Ho pensato di aggiornare questo. Ora disponi di una telecamera posteriore funzionante utilizzando la spina grigia. Così facile da fare e mi costa meno di £ 25

B0862C41-8B6B-42BE-BF05-B9C207317DF8.jpeg

Hello Jonro2009
what camera did you use? What did you activate to have the car on the right side? I also have the rear and front sensors but in addition to the aftermarket camera I cannot see the sensors I only have the video of the camera
Do you have sync 3?

• 3 weeks later...

If you can find a 2015 2016 2017 2018 Mk3.5 Titanium X Focus in a breakers yard then get the camera/reg plate unit and all the wiring inside the (right-hand side) boot lid, if the place allows you in to strip yourself the better, as the OEM wiring is a faff to disassemble but doable, lots of stripping of plastic interior parts but gives you experience when you need to transfer into your own.

Then you will need Forscan with the extended license to reconfigure the APIM data and BCMii Module configuration (AS BUILT) data for camera operation and the dynamic steering lines (red, yellow and green)

This was done a 2015 Mk3.5 Titanium with SYNC 2 to enable factory OEM camera.

APIM Data 

7D0-01-01-09xx-xxxx-xxxx to 7D0-01-01-0Bxx-xxxx-xxxx

Key

3 = With camera no PDC

9 = No camera with PDC

B = With Camera and PDC

BCMii Module configuration (AS BUILT)

726-01-06-1xxx-xxxx-xxxx to 726-01-06-9xxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

1 = No Dynamic steering lines (red, yellow and green)

9 = With Dynamic steering lines (red, yellow and green)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i know this isnt as fun but there is now an after market reverse camera for the mk4 which if you have the factory fitted parking sensors the lines will move and it is plug and play. Only downside is it aint cheap!!!

Ford Focus Mk4 - Reversing Reverse Camera Kit ( 2018 onwards ) (in-car-install.co.uk)

7 hours ago, Bob28809 said:

if you have the factory fitted parking sensors the lines will move

Yes I saw this last year when I was looking to fit my car with a reverse camera, but (a) it is expensive (b) I see in the video that there are no lines, moving or otherwise. Also not quite sure how 'plug and play' it would be since the Mk4 does not have the camera plug lead fitted, even when you have both front and rear parking sensors.

I bought a camera (looks like the OEM boot handel type) and the two pin APIM lead for less than £70, and yes I did have to dismantle (English, not American) half the car dashboard but other than that it was fine to instal. The system works well but with the exception that the guide lines don't move which is disappinting, but I already knew they wouldn't.

Hello everyone, late to this thread but I have just bought a 2016 focus titanium with backup sensors but no camera, I have this grey plug in the rear. Can I connect a camera (which one) to this and how do I get it working on my sync 2? 
please help me 🙂

edited as below. still getting used to this site 😁

6 hours ago, unofix said:

Yes I saw this last year when I was looking to fit my car with a reverse camera, but (a) it is expensive (b) I see in the video that there are no lines, moving or otherwise. Also not quite sure how 'plug and play' it would be since the Mk4 does not have the camera plug lead fitted, even when you have both front and rear parking sensors.

I bought a camera (looks like the OEM boot handel type) and the two pin APIM lead for less than £70, and yes I did have to dismantle (English, not American) half the car dashboard but other than that it was fine to instal. The system works well but with the exception that the guide lines don't move which is disappinting, but I already knew they wouldn't.

The lines do move with your steering wheel on this one if you have factory fitted sensors pal. it comes with a dongle to do the programming for you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bob28809 said:

The lines do move with your steering wheel

Hi Rob, thanks for the info. Did you fit this to your car yourself ? Intrested to know where the camera connected, is there some hidden connector in the back of MK4 ?

Not bought it yet mate but im seriously considering buying it as all the trouble people are having programming the mk4 reverse cams and keeping the lines moving. it says in the description that if you have parking sensors it gives you the lines like below, the focus in the video must not of had sensors so they turned the lines off. it also keeps your parking sensor guide picture in picture in the top right corner. if i buy it i will let u know. Although it says plug and play i think that just means it does not need coding as the dongle does that for you but you still have to wire to the reverse light if you have a manual(doesnt need this if an auto) and wire cam to sync3 which means hiding wires behind trims and taking part of the dash apart to get behind the sync 3 and put the box that helps it work somewhere. there is a 5* review on there but you never know if thats one of there mates to help them out.🤣 haha

image.thumb.png.d5110f5eee37eac5ef1b750833696e7c.png

Thats an awful lot of stuff just to make the lines move !!

Taking the dashboard to bits is a bit ....... nerve wracking but you just have to take your time and not force anything.

My reverse camera still keeps the parking picture in the top right hand corner with the coloured lines just like the factory fitted system. It was very easy to set up using Forscan software. My car is automatic and I did connect the camera power to the reverse light circuit (they say you can just connect it to an ignition live if you want). The fact the lines don't move is the only difference with what I have and you do just get used to it.

Oh and of course mine was under £70 😉

there must be a way to keep them moving through Forscan but dont think any one figured it yet. like i said it is just very expensive for an after market camera.

have you had a good route around at the back of the car to see if there is an extra connection for the camera yet? because when i see the genuine ford cameras on eBay for our car they have 2 connectors going in the back of them compared to just the 1 on cameraless models. only had my car 2 weeks so not really sure whats there and whats not yet. i swapped out the rain sensor the other day so i have auto wipers which literally took 5 mins to fit, then 2 hours to register with Forscan so i am still getting used to the programming side of it. fitted lots of stereos in the past and cameras to all my old cars but there was no need for programing on them.

Had my car in a thousand bits and there is no wiring for the reverse camera anywhere. 

On a different note, if you don't already have it then it should be possible to activate Auto High Beam using ForScan 

• Like 1

Hello,

Where i have to look for the gray plug in estate version?

Thanks!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club