jonah406

Reversing camera Sync 3

Do you have reversing sensors? If so fitting a reverse camera is straight forward although it does involve removing the panel on the boot. There are videos on you tube that show how to do this. It is then a case of threading the camera wire from the boot and down the rear panel to connect with the grey socket. When I fitted the camera I did not have a plug to go into the grey socket I simply spliced the wires from the camera into the green and blue wires on the grey socket - as outlined in an earlier post the video + to blue and video - to green. The camera was powered with a connection to the rear wiper motor and the negative was attached to a bolt on the rear hatch. The camera used was bought on ebay - see link - and matched original which was not easy to remove. Before actually fitting the camera I made all the connections and activated using FORScan - see earlier post for settings - to make sure everything worked. Hope this makes sense.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Direct-Fit-Rear-View-Reversing-RCA-Reverse-Camera-For-Ford-Focus-Mk3-2015-2018-/173899104972

Quick point - the RCA that comes with the camera has a red power wire - this is not the video+ wire the video+ is connected to the centre pin of the rca plug

I've just joined because I'm looking to fit the camera to my Mk3.5 

I've got the plug in the boot so once I've had a read of this thread I'll either come back with loads of questions or the abates will be there and I'll say thanks 👍

OK, after reading all that I'm still confused

I have the grey plug

I have rear parking sensors 

I have a march 2018 car 

I would rather fit oem kit but it seems to be impossible to find? 

If I have to fit an aftermarket camera I'd they're any guarantee that it will work? 

Thanks

Nothing in life is guaranteed!! I also considered fitting an oem camera and wiring but the cost from Ford was significant and I couldn’t find what was needed on eBay so I went down the aftermarket route and now have a reverse camera albeit without the moving guide lines. If you follow the guidance in this topic then it should work. You will however need to have, or have access to FORScan to programme the apim.

On 11/16/2020 at 2:40 PM, gselgin said:

Nothing in life is guaranteed!! I also considered fitting an oem camera and wiring but the cost from Ford was significant and I couldn’t find what was needed on eBay so I went down the aftermarket route and now have a reverse camera albeit without the moving guide lines. If you follow the guidance in this topic then it should work. You will however need to have, or have access to FORScan to programme the apim.

the oem method seems to be "plug things in" whereas the aftermarket method seems to be "chop stuff up and apply solder to various wires" lol

i'm great with the spannering side of things and even did a fair bit of wiring to my mondeo, but these ewer fangled car that require computers are outside my scope so i'll just keep on hunting 🙂
not that the instructions aren't any good you understand, they are very good indeed, but i have to do all these things while my mrs is looking as she would be very cross indeed when she found out, currently i've just swapped a few switches over when her back was turned 🙂