Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Washer filter

dtulip8

Hi all,

The washers have become quite weak on the car, so assuming the filter is blocked with crap. Is there anyway of cleaning it without disassembling half the car as I don’t really have the tools to do this. 

Cheers

You could try leaving a hose pipe shoved right down and blast it out so it overfills 

38 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Hi all,

The washers have become quite weak on the car, so assuming the filter is blocked with crap. Is there anyway of cleaning it without disassembling half the car as I don’t really have the tools to do this. 

Cheers

Access is via the drivers side wheel arch, you would need to remove the arch liner and wheel.  Access isn't TOO bad from this point but make sure you're not underneath it when unplugging the hoses in case any toxic/stinking black slop comes out.

• Like 1

Yeah as I feared, I don’t have a proper jack or axle stands to do this and I don’t have a driveway to do it either. I’m not sure how the hose idea would work?

You can do it on a scissor jack as long as you're careful, there's no need to go underneath.  

The hose idea won't be effective I'm afraid, the bottle is a weird shape and the sludge is so sticky it's not just going to float off of the filter.

• Like 2

Ah excellent, guess I just I need to get some tools to remove the bolts? 

Quick update- seems to have cleared on its own. Used them a few times today and completely back to normal strength.

On 12/19/2018 at 2:39 PM, sucofdrof said:

You could try leaving a hose pipe shoved right down and blast it out so it overfills 

That's all I've done a few times over the years, wedged the hose in with the nozzle whilst simultaneously engaging the spray button/lever in the car. Worked for me. Maybe I've just been lucky though?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club