Trent Edge

Oil Level Low Warning

Just had a low oil warning come up on the dash. The car was serviced almost a year ago (5th Jan). Checked it now after it's been sat for 30 mins and its just under 1/3rd between min and max so doesn't seem too bad.

Should I top it up with a litre? I don't know how much it equates to between the min and max marks. If it's a litre, I'll overfill it, so just looking for some advice? Thanks :)

edgeoillevel.thumb.jpg.8690c749370ca02f97fa48d81fe0414d.jpg

1 hour ago, Trent Edge said:

If it's a litre, I'll overfill it

Just put 250ml in it and let it settle. See where that took you to and add more if needed. Just because you buy 1L, doesn't mean you have to put it all in in one go!!

Ok thanks. Yeh am aware but wasn't sure if the min>max was 500ml, 1 litre or more. Just wondering if anybody knew.

Also, I'll have a look in the manual tomorrow but does anybody know what grade of oil it takes?

I had this, when it was parked on the flat but not on a hill, oil level was fine, went in for a software update and hasn’t happened since