Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Level Low Warning

Trent Edge

Just had a low oil warning come up on the dash. The car was serviced almost a year ago (5th Jan). Checked it now after it's been sat for 30 mins and its just under 1/3rd between min and max so doesn't seem too bad.

Should I top it up with a litre? I don't know how much it equates to between the min and max marks. If it's a litre, I'll overfill it, so just looking for some advice? Thanks :)

edgeoillevel.thumb.jpg.8690c749370ca02f97fa48d81fe0414d.jpg

1 hour ago, Trent Edge said:

If it's a litre, I'll overfill it

Just put 250ml in it and let it settle. See where that took you to and add more if needed. Just because you buy 1L, doesn't mean you have to put it all in in one go!!

Ok thanks. Yeh am aware but wasn't sure if the min>max was 500ml, 1 litre or more. Just wondering if anybody knew.

Also, I'll have a look in the manual tomorrow but does anybody know what grade of oil it takes?

I had this, when it was parked on the flat but not on a hill, oil level was fine, went in for a software update and hasn’t happened since 

• 8 months later...

Hi All

Since about 5 days out of warranty, I have been getting this twice a day, everyday for just over a week now, when I travel to and from work.

Have dipped oil a few times, after letting settle on a flat surface, and always shows topped up to about 1/4 inch below max mark.

My Edge regularly serviced, and low mileage, currently at 24k, so would not say has been driven excessively.

Just wondering if I could have a dodgy oil sender. Any thoughts out there?

Will contact Ford dealer tomorrow to see if can get looked at under warranty as a courtesy on dealers behalf (doubt that they will though).

Happy motoring

Dave

20 minutes ago, DavesEdge said:

Hi All

Since about 5 days out of warranty, I have been getting this twice a day, everyday for just over a week now, when I travel to and from work.

Have dipped oil a few times, after letting settle on a flat surface, and always shows topped up to about 1/4 inch below max mark.

My Edge regularly serviced, and low mileage, currently at 24k, so would not say has been driven excessively.

Just wondering if I could have a dodgy oil sender. Any thoughts out there?

Will contact Ford dealer tomorrow to see if can get looked at under warranty as a courtesy on dealers behalf (doubt that they will though).

Happy motoring

Dave

Hi Dave

It needs to be at or just above Max. Top it up with half a litre and it will be fine.

H

Hi All

Hampster, I took on board what you said, and tried it out last weekend.

Early days at mo, but your "fix" seems to have done the trick :thumbup:

Off to Wales next week (solemn occasion unfortunately, Wifes brother's funeral).

So I going to give my sat nav a test up there to see how it goes in the hills. Maybe more dirt tracks that it has a habit of finding (lol).

Happy motoring

Dave

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club