Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sized injector!

Dean_

Does anyone have any tricks or recommend tools for pulling out a stuck injector on a 1.8 tdci, I need to replace the copper wash as I have alot of blow by but it has gone unnoticed for sometime as ther is alot of tar build up.

I have chipped away all the visible tar and had days on end of soaking in penetrating fluids and cola but sill no movement with lever or heel bars. I have even tried driving the car round with a loose injector clamp but still no movement? 

Any advice would help.

Pipe wrench on the injector. Try to turn it left to right while pulling it upwards and gently tapping on sides.
Be carefull with the plastic top. Don't damage it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slide hammer is probably going to be the only way if even the engine compression hasn't budged it!  Heating up the tar as much as possible may also help, but don't want to heat the injector body as that'll expand and make it even more difficult to remove.

Wurth do a good product for helping to remove injectors called injector-ex,  where you would get some at short notice i don't know. 

If any of the mentioned methods don't work your only option is to get someone who has hydraulic kit to pull it out. 

Thanks for the replies, what slide hammer set up would you use as Ive only seen slide hammer that screw on to a vertical feed pipe type injector?  

You would have to remove the coil on the injector so there is a high chance of contamination.

This requires slide hammer and a special adapter.

I would use it as a last resort. Try to wiggle it left and right first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Just update, I eventually managed to get the stuck injector out by building up a wall off silicone sealant to create a well of brake cleaner on top of the injector hole. Once left to penetrate down through the head and alot of wiggling and twisting it came out.