Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 focus 1.8 tdci, ecu position

nivek24

Hello, having electrical problems on a late 2008 1.8 tdci, the car lost all its power, i was left with only tick over, no revs at all, managed to get it home, turned it off and when i tried to start it, immobileser stopped it starting. I read the codes and the following came up

U2023-A0/.

C1956-30/ STEERING ANGLE.

U1900-20/C, MISSING ENGINE SPEED.

U1900-20/C CAN FAULT.

U140-A1/ LOST COMMS.

P1935-61/C BRAKE SENSOR.

P1936-61[C CLUTCH SW SENSOR.

B2976-0F/C.

U0155-20/C LOST COMMS INSTRUMENT CLUSTER MODULE

I have cleaned the fuse box connection in the nearside footwell, the large green block was corroded with green  deposits, others looked ok, where abouts is the ecu i thought it may have been in the footwell, but struggling to find it.

managed to get it running and covered about 500 miles and same  codes reappeared, can any one point me to what i should be checking, i think it may be the fuse box again, any pointers much appreciated.

kev

Hi.

I have a 2008 1.8 TDCI and my ECU is located behind the front bumper, in front of nearside wheel arch liner.

Had the same symptoms as you many months ago and it turned out to be the instrument cluster at fault.

It seems it's quite common for bad solder joints on the multi plug connector at rear of clocks.

• Like 1

Thanks for that, i looked inside the wheel arch liner near the door hinges, thinking it was there, will look tomorrow.

did you resolder the joints or send it off for repairing, what sort of job is it to do , if you did it yourself.

kev

youtube video of soldering

there are some other videos showing how to dismantle it.

I have not done one, but I have done lots of soldering repairs on circuit boards in computer power supplies and on computer motherboards. This not the most difficult soldering to do but if you have never soldered or only soldered twisted wires together for example, it might not be the best thing to have your first try on.

If you have a local TV repair shop or similar (which hardly exist now) you might be able to get them to do it for very small cost if you dismantle it yourself and present the circuit board for soldering.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club