Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Mondeo Hands-free

Ej2itR

I have a 2009 mondeo 1.8tdci zetec, it has the 6000 cd radio head unit (not sure if its original one that came with the car new) my question is it has the phone symbols on the steering column stalk, which leads me to believe it has bluetooth connectivity, but when I try to pair phone with the head unit, (press call button on head unit) it just muted the radio no option for pairing the phone. Am I missing something, could this be a problem with head unit or bluetooth module. Any tips on this.

Thanks in advance 

On a zetec model you are unlikely to have bluetooth, the module can be easily added, a search on here will give more details on which module you need, other will no doubt come along with that info.

You can log into ford etis and if you register, its free, you can get the as built spec for your car.

Thanks for the reply. I will register with Ford etis to find build spec 

So just checked for etis and i got this

•  With A/V Jack
  •  BT/VC Phone Interface Only

so it had bt but not working now, so are there any common faults to check for fuses ect?

I would check to see if the module is still there then trace back, module is up under the glove box a bugger to see.

Just out of interest, what phone are you trying to connect, some wont, there is a phone checker somewhere that tells you which phones will or wont connect.

found it https://secure.ford.co.uk/OwnerServices/SYNC-and-Bluetooth-Support/MobileCompatibility#/

Thanks for the reply, 

I have removed glove box and found b/t module.

Are there any fuses for bluetooth to work? Does the cd player have to be certain model (the aux input isnt working either, could this be related?) 

The phone is Samsung A5, I have connected this to my father in-laws Mondeo with no troubles

20181228_000851.jpg

What year is your fathers mondeo, as the A5 is not listed as connectable to a 2009 model.

what are you connecting to aux? Are you connecting via the 4mm jack in the glove box?

His is 09 also and yes via 4mm jack in glove box, I have pulled out the glove box and cable is connected to 4mm jack

Also when I try access bluetooth via radio by pressing phone buttons all is does is mute the radio