Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk2 RS engine conversion

Gymfocused

Has anyone ever put an RS engine in another mk2? If so, is it an easy conversion? Can the Revoknuckle suspension mount onto a non RS model? Would that involve using RS aftermarket suspension or would other non RS coilovers still fit?

Thanks, Simon.

I have heard it's been done but involves a lot of work and changes. This is the closest to it but with an st and start from the third post down it's an addictive read and this gives you an idea what to deal with https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=47&t=1546408&i=20

Have you ever engine swapped before? If you're sending it to a garage it's not worth it in the slightest.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2018 at 1:49 PM, Luke4efc said:

Have you ever engine swapped before? If you're sending it to a garage it's not worth it in the slightest.

No, I would not be doing it myself, I don't have the knowledge, skills or equipment. Why would it be a waste?

I'm after a powerful sleeper with around 300bhp.

I think @Luke4efc meant seeing as you'd be paying a garage to full rebuild most of the car, plus the cost of all the parts, it would likely cost most of the cost of an actual MK2 RS by the time you've paid the garage.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club