Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Shape Mk4 Focus

Ford Cortina/Capri

Hi,

I've just picked up a Focus ST line X new shape and wondered if any one has tried to fit the front foot well lights. I can see where they go but can't find the wiring for the... I know some of the current shape Fiesta members have done this "upgrade" and have found the wire next to the hole for the lamps but I can't find them on the focus ? 

Yep, that's what I thought. The centre console all lights up but no footwell, door pocket or interior handle lights. Came from a 2016 Mondeo titanium x which everything lit up so was disappointed at this.  Thought it would also have LED back lights but it didn't, think the titanium has all these but not the ST Line or St Line X 

There needs to be a difference or you might as well call it a titanium X st line. 

There are quiet a few differences between the Titanium and the St Line, different seats, bumpers, wheels and the suspension is a lot stiffer in the ST for instance.

Ford are having a laugh, ST Line X has gone from being decently equipped on the MK3.5 to being like the Zetec-S on the MK2.  Basically poverty spec but you got a nice bodykit, I thought the whole idea of St Line was to give the buyer Titanium features but with sporty looks. :wallbash:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

mk3.5 st line was as zetec only 2 front electrict windows , they mate some progress on mk4 but looks like still its poor option

Titanium is £229 deposit and £229  month PCP I looked for me, st line X is £259 deposit and 259 month PCP. £30 a month more for body kit, wheels, etc.?? 

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Titanium is £229 deposit and £229  month PCP I looked for me, st line X is £259 deposit and 259 month PCP. £30 a month more for body kit, wheels, etc.?? 

So more money for a poorer interior spec, just to get stiffer suspension and a body kit? :thumbdown: I thought the original idea of the ST Line was to give the sporty look but without the downsides of a real ST. :huh:

If they ***** up the Mk4 ST then I may have to look elsewhere when the time comes to change again. [emoji26]

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

On 12/22/2018 at 2:59 PM, Ford Cortina/Capri said:

Yep, that's what I thought. The centre console all lights up but no footwell, door pocket or interior handle lights. Came from a 2016 Mondeo titanium x which everything lit up so was disappointed at this.  Thought it would also have LED back lights but it didn't, think the titanium has all these but not the ST Line or St Line X 

That's why I am thinking about going with Mazda next. The Japanese equip their cars as standard very generously compared with the European/ American brands. 

3 hours ago, James said:

That's why I am thinking about going with Mazda next. The Japanese equip their cars as standard very generously compared with the European/ American brands. 

My Mazda 3 had all the extras as standard. 

• Like 1

on my wife's 2010 Mazda2 you can't  even turn the radio on without turning the ignition on. That's not very advanced. And the sills feel very tinny with no sign of that thick rubbery underseal stuff anywhere near them. And the remote key takes very small batteries which don't last long compared to the Ford ones with bigger batteries. . It has space saver spare (which is not rare) but I thought of buying a full size spare but the diameter is too big to fit in spare wheel well. And the battery costs more as it's not common dimensions for the number of Ampere Hours.  I do like the car , Every make and model of car has some good points, but no one seems to put all good points on one car. 

• Like 1

Going for a look at a Hyundai i30N over the weekend, mainly out of curiosity to see how it compares with Golf, Focus etc. They only do an accompanied test drive though, so I doubt I'll get much of an impression as to how it drives!

I sat in an i30N at a car show earlier in the year.  The seats are really comfortable and the dash was alright, doesn't quite compare with the Mk8 Golf or MK4 Focus in terms of interior but wasn't a bad place at all.

Of course, I have no idea what it drives like though!  Also thought the price seemed a bit much unless that's dropped since.

• Like 1

Recently had an i30 as a hire car.
Goes ok but definitely no match for my car.
Comfortable and confident on the road but kept flashing messages up saying front collision mitigation sensor was blocked.
Door sills too straight and high for a comfy elbow lean.
Centre console arm rest not adjustable and obscures the handbrake.
Strangely had an electric lumbar pad but manual seats.
Liked the phone charging pad and easy to use navigation (radio a bit fiddly).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Going for a look at a Hyundai i30N over the weekend, mainly out of curiosity to see how it compares with Golf, Focus etc. They only do an accompanied test drive though, so I doubt I'll get much of an impression as to how it drives!

Just had a call to say they've just sold the demonstrator, so won't be getting any impression at all until the next one turns up in the New Year!😁

According to the brochure, the Performance version has electric seat adjustment for everything, while the base car only has electric lumbar adjustment, so guess that's what Clive tried?

• Like 1

I'm not sure they've understood the point of a demonstrator...  Sell the ones that are for sale, not the one for test drives! :laugh: 

I've just checked specs and it looks like you're right, would've been the Performance version that I tried myself, I didn't realise there were 2 versions of the N. :smile: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm not sure they've understood the point of a demonstrator...  Sell the ones that are for sale, not the one for test drives! :laugh: 

Well you do see sales of ex-demos, but usually not until they get another!😀

Going way off the original topic, but I've found it very hard to get test drives of anything I'm interested in for quite some time, other than the local MINI dealer who contacts me regularly to offer a further test. Shame that I (and the Mrs) just can't get on with the looks of the current one as it's not a bad drive.  A lot of the VW group stuff seems to be unavailable due to WLTP so it seems. Wanted to see how the Polo GTI compares with a Fiesta ST for example - asked for a test drive in March, chased a couple of times since, but have never seen one and at the present the car's not even on the configurator!

• Like 1

One thing about the Ford Focus from each generation when it comes to driving its better than all it's rivals. I'd choose a Ford Focus over any Hyundai!

• Like 2

One thing about the Ford Focus from each generation when it comes to driving its better than all it's rivals. I'd choose a Ford Focus over any Hyundai!
Totally agree.

• Like 1

but quality its rubbish anyting you touch gets scratch like crazy...

• Haha 1

I've owned a Hyundai i30 a while ago. Bought it for my wife instead of a Fiesta. Was cheaper, bigger engine, better equipped and a 5 year warranty. Owned it for 6 years without any major problems. however, the fiesta definitely drove better and had a better quality interior etc.. She now drives a 2018 Fiesta and also had a 2016 Fiesta.  

The ST Line X does drive very nicely, even pulls very well with the 1.0 lt turbo. It does come fairly decent spec with electric windows all round, electric driver seat, fold in door mirrors with puddle lights, parking sensors front and rear, privacy glass, LED front fog lights, auto wipers and lights (although not main beam) sat nav etc..  but, I think, the Titanium (which I thought this would be the same as) also has ambient lighting, LED rear lights etc.  I'd also thought it should have ad a reverse camera as standard too 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2018 at 7:42 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Going for a look at a Hyundai i30N over the weekend, mainly out of curiosity to see how it compares with Golf, Focus etc. They only do an accompanied test drive though, so I doubt I'll get much of an impression as to how it drives.

So, finally got a test drive in the Hyundai i30n this morning, and have to say I was quite impressed with it. I'd particularly wanted to try the "basic" 250ps version having read some very negative reports about the ride on the the 275ps "Performance". The Performance is the biggest seller so all the dealer demos seem to be that version, but my local dealer had a used 250 come in so I took the opportunity.

Anyway, found the ride was very acceptable ( the 250 comes on 18" wheels, the Performance on 19". Can' t get a definitive answer as to whether the suspension is a bit softer also - no mention in the specs - but the sales guy, who has driven both, reckoned it felt that way to him. Freezing temperatures this morning so not a good day for zooming about, but the engine didn't feel as strong as, say, a Golf GTI low down, but picked up at higher rpm, quite decent feel to the steering and felt well planted. Felt quite compact to drive. The 250 doesn't have an active variable exhaust but in sport mode still sounded pretty fruity from outside when fired up in the car park.

Found the driving position and seat spot on (for me - we're all different), liked the steering wheel and small points like mechanical handbrake (though like @Stoney871 mentions above the console got in the way a bit) and you can blank the screen but still display the time (unlike in my Fiesta).

Otherwise good levels of kit, seemed well screwed together (this was an 18month old, 8,000 mile car car), hard plastics but no rattles on this particular car. Had a bit of an "old fashioned feel" which, as I'm pretty old fashioned myself, I rather like! 

So, waiting to see what the Mk 4 ST is like (and other things mentioned in earlier post - if they ever appear!), but would certainly give this further consideration - didn't expect to be saying that tbh.

• Like 3

I drove a Hyundai Elantra SE in Canada (Basically the i20 I believe in saloon format) and actually it wasn't too bad. Dashboard isn't as exciting as my MK3.5 but I certainly wouldn't say no to one if offered again.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club