Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Indicators All Round!

ZStuart

I done some major bulb replacements the other day;

new dipped headlights

new full beam

new number plate lights (can't get the holders out, HELP!!!)

LED side lights

LED side repeaters

LED front indicators

LED rear Indicator

LED rear brake lights (Don't work)

I'm loving the new LED indicators, they are sort of a peachy orange as opposed to amber. But because they use a lot less power than normal bulbs, they flash twice as fast. Now i could get resistors but its a messy job i don't wanna do. What i can get is a new indicator relay, which should sort out the problem, BUT WHERE IS THE ORIGINAL!!???. I need to know the location of the standard relay so i can see how many pins it has. If anyone can help i would be over the moon because its really getting on my nerves.

Here is what i'm looking out if anyone one is familiar

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/LED-Flasher-Unit-3-and-4-Pin

you should seriously make a guide :D

I know Id appreciate it.

How come the brake lights dont work if you dont mind me asking?

you should seriously make a guide :D

I know Id appreciate it.

How come the brake lights dont work if you dont mind me asking?

Yeah i will make a guide, i was just hoping to have it all working properly before i did. The brake LEDs don't work because (I think) the bulbs i bought are only one power level, Meaning when i put my lights on, they light up, but when i put the brakes on the don't get brighter. If that makes any sense

Yes, the brake lights need a double bulb, I went for one for my MK6 to Halfords, got the one they said, got home took the old one out....Oh..Oh dear!

Had to go back and complain!

LED rear Indicator

LED rear brake lights (Don't work)

pics please!!!!

ps: what do you mean "rear brake lights dont work"? :huh:

pics please!!!!

ps: what do you mean "rear brake lights dont work"? :huh:

They work in the sense if you put your foot on the brake pedal the brake lights light up. But if you have your headlights on and put your foot on the brake pedal the brake light doesn't go brighter to show your braking. Does that make sense?

I know i've been a bit lazy with the pictures, but I've just ordered a load of new detailing gear and was gonna kill two birds with on stone with regards to pictures. I will also take some video of the LEDs flashing. Hold tight

• 2 weeks later...

has the bottom of the bulb got two metal bulges? if not you need one that has two, will then work for lights and brakes.

has the bottom of the bulb got two metal bulges? if not you need one that has two, will then work for lights and brakes.

Unfortunately yes it does have two bulges, i tried everything to get them to work but nothing worked.

I am still after someone who knows where the flasher/indicator relay is?????????

• 1 year later...

The Relay will be in the engine compartment fuse box and the diagram for what each one belongs to is under the lid,

im no expert i had to refer to the Haynes manual, their may not be a relay for the indicators though as newer models run

the indicator flash through somthing called the GEM what ever that is, and the only way around that is to by mini resistors

to attach to the loom of each bulb, ill do that if needs be as i think the LED Bulbs are the business, also just purchased a

cree q5 reverse bulb 6000kelvin atleast an 8feet beam from the rear its wicked look for them on flea bay .

Happy Modding!:D

• Like 1

also just purchased a cree q5 reverse bulb 6000kelvin atleast an 8feet beam the rear its wicked look for them on flea bay .

Are all the Cree Q5 bulbs on eBay all the same standard size and fitting mate?

also just purchased a cree q5 reverse bulb 6000kelvin atleast an 8feet beam the rear its wicked look for them on flea bay .

Are all the Cree Q5 bulbs on eBay all the same standard size and fitting mate?

As far as im aware they are all the same fitment mate, cree also do fog bulbs but i bought from Alltronix Ltd. (click the name) through eBay but from looking at their website their prices are slightly cheaper on the website probably since theirs no listing fees, they also accept paypal on their site,

heres a picture of mine lol

Image0739.jpg

1156-Ba15s-5w-High-Power-LED-White-Car-Bulb-Light-Cree-Q5-.jpg

They look like a great quality product but why so bright for a reverse light! lol

I could do with brighter brake lights, particularly with rear tints.

If you park lots in dark places it'll make rear visibility a lot better.

Cree are really good quality, one of the market leaders in LED atm. I have 3 of their LED flash lights, very powerful for their tiny size.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club