Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Monitor Sensors

DavesEdge

Hi All

Another one to go to dealers for warranty.

Whilst driving home from Reading last Sunday night (23/12), as was going down M4, my dash reported a tyre pressure monitoring system sensor fault.

Telling me that a faulty sensor was causing the monitoring of all tyre pressures to fail.

So as soon as delaers open I will e reporting this to get sorted under warranty.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Happy motoring

Dave

Update
Car now booked in for Mon 14 Jan, as will need courtesy car whilst mine in for repair.

Happy motoring

Dave

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Not with your fault but have been plagued with faulty valve leaking now replaced with metal type no mor poroblems

Hi All

Another problem, that I got yesterday, warning on dash of "Front Camera Malfunction service Required"
I have just added this onto next week's warranty booking. Ha e pictures if fault this time, as was not driving car when got fault.
Let's see what dealers have to say about these.
Will post results once I get them.

Happy motoring

Dave

Hi everyone, A newbie here with a very similar tyre monitor sensor problem.

Had my first set of replacement tyres at 20K miles yesterday - went for Avon ZX7's supplied and fitted by ATS... hoping they last longer than the original Continentals. Really wanted Michelin Cross Climate, but couldn't wait (on a 5 week back order) 

Tyre monitor sensor playing up - despite re-setting at ATS.. showing NSF constantly showing 20psi when it is in fact 36 psi.

Re-set tyre monitor again this morning before setting off, yet it now comes on with warning signs whilst driving ?

Is it a trip back to ATS for an argument or is there a "simple fix" ?? 

Apart from this issue I'm very happy with my Edge.

Many thanks in advance for your comments.

Dave

If the tyre replacement machine is not used carefully its possible to damage the TPM Sensor when changing a tyre.

H

Hi All

I have to say that when I had my front tyres replaced last year, I queried with tyre fitters as got low pressure warning. They respectfully reminded me about the sensors requiring resetting, of which I had forgotten about. Since then has been ok until recently.
Having looked into it a bit, I have seen so far that there are two types of sensors (there maybe more, not sure), but as car going in to get done on warranty, I did not follow up any further to see which type I have.
If the rim mounted type, as Hampster mentioned, then maybe sensor was damaged. In which case, if it was me, I would go back to tyre centre and speak to them firstly.

Happy motoring

Dave

Information is here.

Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) - Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)  
Print Print Report An Error Report An Error
Diagnosis and Testing

A number of reasons can cause the TPMS warning light to illuminate or flash. Before proceeding with the actual diagnostic method using the FordETIS IDS Diagnostics, perform these basic checks:

• Verify all tires are inflated to its recommended pressure, as mentioned in the Owner’s Manual.
  • Inspect all the tires and wheels for any visual damage.
  • Check that all the wheels have a TPMS sensor appropriately installed.

If these above conditions are verified as fine, then proceed for further diagnosis.

The TPMS warning indicator alerts the customer of faulty conditions in 2 different ways.

TPMS indicator illuminates continuously

The TPMS warning indicator remains on continuously and the message center displays LOW TIRE PRESSURE when any of the tire pressures fall below the low pressure limit. When this condition exists, check that all tires are correctly inflated to the recommended cold tire pressure indicated on the placat pressure label. Perform system reset.

TPMS indicator flashes

When the TPMS warning indicator flashes for 75 seconds and remains continuously on when the ignition is set to ON, it means the TPMS is malfunctioning. The Parameter Identification (PID) TP_STAT can be used to determine why the TPMS warning indicator is flashing.

• The message center displays TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR FAULT when a TPMS sensor is malfunctioning.
  • The TPMS warning indicator illuminates when the IPC has not received any signals from the BCM for more than 5 seconds. The message center displays TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR FAULT.
  • The message center displays TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR FAULT when the TPMS is malfunctioning.

TPMS replacement is called for when the TPMS fails due to mechanical or electrical failure, broken accelerometer, low TPMS battery power or blocked pressure port. One of the most common causes of failure is inappropriate handling during wheel or tire removal or servicing. The TPMS is an electronic component fitted as part of a heavyweight mechanical process.

Resetting TPMS

TPMS must be reset after every manual change to the tires or the tire pressure (wheel change or pressure adjustment).

Automatic learning process TPMS

After every reset, TPMS must go through an automatic learning process. During this time, the system knows all parameters that are required to work precisely and the warm tire pressure (depending on isolation, surface temperature, ambient air temperature, tire pressure, driving situation and friction) is learned. The process lasts 10 minutes but the system already works with default parameters before it is completed.

For all TPMS malfunctioning issues, proceed to the FordETIS IDS Diagnostics for a detailed diagnosis. FordETIS provides only supporting information to the FordETIS IDS Diagnostics.

DTC Chart: BCM (body control module)

A certain skill level and knowledge of Ford-specific diagnostic practices is assumed to perform this diagnostics.

DTC DESCRIPTION
B1182:00 TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM: NO SUB TYPE INFORMATION
B1182:55 TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM: NOT CONFIGURED
B124D:02 TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR: GENERAL SIGNAL FAILURE
B1251:00 TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR LOW BATTERY: NO SUB TYPE INFORMATION
B1254:51 RIGHT REAR (OUTSIDE ON DUAL WHEEL) TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR AND TRANSMITTER ASSEMBLY: NOT PROGRAMMED
B1255:51 LEFT REAR (OUTSIDE ON DUAL WHEEL) TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR AND TRANSMITTER ASSEMBLY: NOT PROGRAMMED
C1A56:51 LEFT FRONT TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR AND TRANSMITTER ASSEMBLY: NOT PROGRAMMED
C1A58:51 RIGHT FRONT TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR AND TRANSMITTER ASSEMBLY: NOT PROGRAMMED

For all DTC code diagnosis, proceed to the FordEtis IDS Diagnostics.

Well, what a surprise.
Car interrogated (according to what dealers said) for two days.
The end result being "No Faults Found"
So I asked "Really, only you have photographic proof of one of the faults you were looking for".
There was no response to this, as they did not know what to say.
I am going to speak to my salesman later to see what next (I have some ideas in mind, but want to see if they are feasable to pursue).
Will report outcome of next discussion session with salesman.

Happy motoring

Dave

Hi All

Having just spoken to my salesman, he advised me to write letter of complaint direct to ford motor company sending it by recorded delivery, as I have requested a second opinion by ford motor co themselves on the lack of any faults found answer whenever my car had gone in for warranty work at local dealers.
Will take me a while to compose letter, but will let you know if I get anywhere with it.

Happy motoring

Dave

On 1/21/2019 at 3:40 PM, DavesEdge said:

lack of any faults found answer whenever my car had gone in for warranty work at local dealers

Not being cynical here, but I think warranty is an on-cost to the dealer, not Ford directly as the dealer essentially purchases the car from Ford before selling it to you. They do get to claim that back from ford if its a genuine issue! I suspect, they don't want to foot the cost of the issues in case they are rejected by Ford.

I had the same experience with Bristol Street Motors, they wouldn't touch any of my Kuga issues (originally bought from there) always saying "Sorry, that isn't covered by warranty". Took it to another dealer who sorted the issues out straight away. Been with the new dealer 7 years now, always have a great experience. No issue has gone without being fixed (and the EDGE has had a few!!). If I ever have to leave it with them for the day to investigate, it always comes back washed and valeted.

Pays to shop around. If you bought from a national chain of dealers, try another branch, it may just be the attitude of the local management!

Hi All

I have sometimes wondered this myself as I had to have a bit of a moan off early on, as it felt like now they had my money, they were not interested in anything else.
I may well do bit of shopping around to see if can get any further/better responses, from other main dealers.

Happy motoring

Dave

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club