Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HID headlights

BJT

Hi

does anyone have any experience using either Autobeams H7 HID dipped beam bulb or CEUKS HID bulb.

Also has anyone tried changing the dipped beam bulbs to HID in the New Fiesta MK8 as it uses a different bulb holder to the MK7.

Thanks 

Mot guidance explicitly mention HID conversions result in a fail (major - headlight not compatible with headlamp) while they don't yet explicitly mention LED conversions. 

I'd go for the LED h7 performance set rather than HID personally. That route you will have a better chance of passing MOT without swapping bulbs until the guidance next changes. 

I’ve got a feeling a lot of testers will be glad of this new addition to the handbook, many of the ones I know will be only to happy to fail cars on their headlights. Some of them say that they are just as dangerous to other road users as a defective seatbelt is to the occupant of the car.

Having spoke to a few they have said they would most likely fail an LED upgrade too on the same grounds as HIDs i.e. “Light source and lamp not compatible”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

I’ve got a feeling a lot of testers will be glad of this new addition to the handbook, many of the ones I know will be only to happy to fail cars on their headlights. Some of them say that they are just as dangerous to other road users as a defective seatbelt is to the occupant of the car.

Having spoke to a few they have said they would most likely fail an LED upgrade too on the same grounds as HIDs i.e. “Light source and lamp not compatible”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm happy to fail cars on anything, not just headlights. Lol 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, iantt said:

I'm happy to fail cars on anything, not just headlights. Lol 

And right you are too! We have MOTs for a reason

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

It's a shame really. I do fully expect the next revision of the guidance book to explicitly fail LED conversions and current status to be at the discretion of the tester - but, correctly positioned retrofit LEDs in a projector lamp will give a much nicer beam than any old rust bucket with reflectors and also generally better than a lot of factory HIDs or LEDs (*cough* Mini's).

If someone sticks LEDs in a reflector lamp they deserve a fail without a doubt (beam will clearly be wrong), I just wonder what we're doing failing projector lamps for this. 

Totally agree pal, projectors with well adjusted bulbs are fine imo but poor bulbs or reflector lamps are just a definite no for me

• Like 1

So.....     Is there a totally legal and easy way to ugrade the Fiesta headlights  (I'm actually talking mk 7A in my case) ?

2 hours ago, Magenta said:

So.....     Is there a totally legal and easy way to ugrade the Fiesta headlights  (I'm actually talking mk 7A in my case) ?

To be legal you would need to upgrade the whole unit, aprox £350 if you use eBay but I’m guessing a lot more from a dealer

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club