Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK4 Mondeo Nightmare! Finance Immoboliser

logan.king

Hi guys, Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post.

I'm having the worst luck at the minute, I've brought a MK4 mondeo 2009 from Copart which was sold to them by an ex-finance company. The condition that the car was sold as on copart was runs and drives.

So on the day I pick the car up It seemed the battery was dead, I thought nothing of it, its been sitting around a couple months I'll take it home give it a jump and everything should be alright. 

I tried jumping the car, all that happens is the ignition comes on windows open etc car wont start. After contacting the finance company that sold the asking if they had the immoboliser, they said they had an engineer come out but the black box had already been removed. This engineer was from a third party company and didn't bother rewiring by the looks of it, I contacted this company after speaking to the finance company and getting their details. The company said because the box was already removed they wouldn't have done anything.

Now I'm left with a car that has had a black box removed and not re-wired for the car to work as normal. I am stressed out as you can imagine. I've been ringing back and forth and not one of the companies want's to take responsibilty and keep passing me on saying to contact the other.

I think it will be the case of me having to pay an auto electrician to take a look and it sound's quite costly. I've looked for anything that looks out of the ordanairy and have noticed two plugs with nothing connected in between, these are located in the foot-well and in the compartment with the OBD port.

Any help would be really appreicated on either how to deal with the companies or how to resolve the issue.

Images of sockets:

IMG_3279.jpg

1 minute ago, logan.king said:

heres more pictures

IMG_3282.jpg

IMG_3281.jpg

IMG_3280.jpg

That's the gamble you take with auction cars, you buy them as is and any inspection is on you... they should be bought with the mind they need work doing to them. I can tell you now though that the finance company/ contractor will not be interested in the slightest about this.

In terms of copart advertising it as runs and drives, it is only valid at the time it arrives into the yard and means they got the engine to start and car to move a few feet forward and backwards under it's own power. Whether it still does that when you pick it up is another thing and is no longer their responsibility. There's disclaimers all over every car auction site about this sort of stuff.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

That's the gamble you take with auction cars, you buy them as is and any inspection is on you... they should be bought with the mind they need work doing to them. I can tell you now though that the finance company/ contractor will not be interested in the slightest about this.

In terms of copart advertising it as runs and drives, it is only valid at the time it arrives into the yard and means they got the engine to start and car to move a few feet forward and backwards under it's own power. Whether it still does that when you pick it up is another thing and is no longer their responsibility. There's disclaimers all over every car auction site about this sort of stuff.

Thanks for the response. I understand the terms that if the car is stated to be in a running condition on arival to copart there is no guarantee that the car would run when delivered or collected by me, BUT with this problem the car wouldn't have been in a running state when it arrived. OR it was in a running state when it arrived. The engineer/copart removed black box while it was in the yard and  didn't bother fixing it. Surley this isn't acceptable? They could list every car as runs and drives when it arrives and just yank out a few wires and say oops not our problem sorry.

Might be worth trying to find out who installed the black box in the first place as they might be able to guide you as to what has been cut etc to fit it allowing you to sort it yourself.

5 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Might be worth trying to find out who installed the black box in the first place as they might be able to guide you as to what has been cut etc to fit it allowing you to sort it yourself.

I can only hope otherwise im a little bit screwed

Get a quote from a few auto electricians, might be cheaper than you think to get it sorted.

• Like 1

FIXED!!!!

This is the tutorial I followed and worked perfect! 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club