Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts of this car

Dyilbar

Guys, I know this isn't a Ford however I was wondering if you guys would be able to tell me your thoughts on this car, I went to see this car and other Seats today and put a fully refundable deposit today https://www.emeraldhouseofcars.co.uk/used-seat-ibiza-wednesbury-west-midlands-1864998 the insurance is around £1500. Thanks for everything guys.

It's ok for a first car I suppose. I found Seats to be quite basic inside and that one has done a fair few miles for its age, reflected in the price. It's probably an auction car to be fair, but at least you get some sort of warranty with it. 

If you've been to see it then you can probably tell us better than we can tell you by looking at pictures. I take it you've test driven it and inspected it?

It does seem like your method of car buying is to find the cheapest one possible though... thats not always a good thing either.

I haven't taken a test drive yet as this is my first car, I'm not so sure on what to look for when taking test driving (any tips), however, I have inspected the car and it is in good condition tbf I initially went to the garage to buy a different seat however that one sold so I went to look at the other cars in stock and then saw this car, they are all hpi checked and have had a 128 point inspection done and will have a mot before buying. 

You probably won't be allowed to test drive it yourself due to not being a full licence holder. Dealers do not have insurance for learner drivers so you will need someone with a full licence to take it for a test drive. 

When taking a test drive there are a lot of things you should look for.
RAC etc often have guides on what to look out for when buying a used car, both with paperwork and mechanical stuff. 

Yeah that's true I'm not knowledgeable on what to look for either tbf, ill have to look online and research more I guess. Thanks for the help mate. 

For a normal car this this it's pretty easy. Panel gaps, fluid level (check for signs of blown head gasket), tyres, scatches/dents, leaks, rough engine sound, exhaust loudness, excessive smoke and colour of smoke, rips in seats, aircon, stereo, interior smell (lots of airfreshners = alarm bells ringing). Check the MOT history and concentrate on the advisories, ensure you get the service history (should be full for a 4 year old car with at least 5 services carried out).

Rust shouldn't be an issue on a 4 year old car, but worth giving the sills/ chassis a quick look anyway. Rear arches are also quite common for paint bubbling.

Lol think about why you'd put lots of airfreshners in a car...

The seats look quite stained on the blue Fr. You can use that to try and get some money off. There is usually a reason why autotrader says it's priced low compared to other cars, probably means it's not as good quality.

Yeah thats true tbf out of the two which one would you advice/ go for. 

Personally I'd have neither and spend a bit more money to find on in better condition. But this is your choise and not what I want.

The second one is a little more sporty and suited for a young driver being 3 doors etc. It's also over £100 cheaper on tax, claims to be better on fuel and has more power. Just depends how much you get knocked off for those seats being in poor condition. Bear in mind they probably won't clean up any better than that. The dealer will have had them cleaned as best they can to get as much money from the sale.

Other than that I'd say ask on a Seat forum as to which engine is better as I have no idea.

why not look for a polo or a fabia? at the end of the day they all the same car.... 

too much for a first car the 8k and insurance must of been through the roof. a chap I work with had a 2006 golf 1.9tdi 105bhp cost 2.5k for a first car & 2k insurance at 20.... my lady's little bro has a polo 1.2 2004 twist this is 1800 first years insurance. car cost 2k

I was looking into one of these last year when i was looking to replace my MK5. have to be honest, i managed to save a little extra and got a MK7.5 Fiesta and so glad i did.

Im 34 and female so insurance was im sure, kinder to me than it will be you as i went for the 1.25 (I drive less than 10 miles a day through villages)...works out around £230 per year.

The whole car feels more solid and has a much higher spec than the Seat offered (admittedly the price was slightly higher) if you have the availability to save a little extra id try and hold out. 

If still looking at a SEAT I suggest heading over to seatcupra.net, lots of Ibiza info on there, guys are usually very helpful. From what I remember the normally aspirated 1.4 85 ps 4 cylinder was an ok engine, now superseded by 1.0 triples in n/a and turbo form (much like the Fiesta). Don't recollect anything bad about the turbo 1.2 which is found in lots of VW group cars up to the Leon. Again now superseded by the higher powered of the 1.0 triples. Have driven a few Ibizas as courtesy cars, quite ok, not as good to drive as a Fiesta of similar vintage, and as others have said, a lot of hard plastics which can rattle.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club