Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Washing car with pole car brush/mop.

jace1969

What are your opinions on washing your car with a brush or mop head brush,i asked as i cant bend or stretch a lot and what you think.

I know a lot will say ''no way'' as i did but we all come to the stage where we have no option with these things...2  links below.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-3M-9FT-ALUMINIUM-TELESCOPIC-WATER-FED-WINDOW-CAR-VAN-WASH-BRUSH-SQUEEGEE-NEW/190586608626?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Telescoping-Car-Wash-Cleaning-Brush-Duster-Dust-Wax-Mop-Microfiber-Dusting-Tool/173516823198?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I've used the first one on there for cleaning a conservatory roof & fascia boards.  Did the job well but it's actually quite hard work with the head soaking wet & heavy when the poles extended.  The second one looks like a better alternative.  I get the feeling you're not too bothered by swirls or detailing so something like that should be fine for you.  

The second one looks okay as it's made of microfiber but I'd be extra cautious that I don't hit the bodywork with the metal bits. I think ideally a lambs wool is the best in terms of minimising swirls and scratches as my current microfiber mitt is still inflicting micro scratches and holograms which is the worst. 

Why not get someone like this? I'm sure it would help when your cleaning the sides of the car 👍. This is the place I go to to get my cleaning stuff. Their branch is just 2 miles from me so saves me a fiver on delivery. 

https://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/slim-s-detailing-adjusting-mechanical-stool.html

https://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/slims-fully-adjustable-multi-shaped-car-creeper-z-l-shaped.html

The main thing is bending as my knees are on the way out coming up and down stairs loads a time a day and getting up and down off the floor

dealing with my dad who i care for so just looking into a brush type clean as no bending doing sill and the bottom,my back aint A1 either.

Well i was going to get the 2 as then the soft one ok for the car being shorter and if the harder brush is to hard then be used for house windows.

Whirling off cleaning with a brush years ago and i mean years i never had any just never put a lot of pressure on them and if i wanted a top finish then

wax etc it would have to be.

I have read on a lot of searchers that a brush (if not stupid hard) what hurt a genuine paint job on a car but would if cheaper resprays/repairs and stuff.

Ordered both for a trial run,we will see.

I wouldn't touch the first barge pole with a, well, barge pole! Seriously though, the microfibre one looks better (if worryingly cheap).

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I literally used to use the hardest bristle floor brush I could find in the garage to wash our van with. Could never really see any scratches other than swirl marks which would polish out. It's a works van, not a show car so only ever got washed with the remaining soap and water from washing my car lol. 

8 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

I literally used to use the hardest bristle floor brush I could find in the garage to wash our van with. Could never really see any scratches other than swirl marks which would polish out. It's a works van, not a show car so only ever got washed with the remaining soap and water from washing my car lol. 

Being a works van it was probably solid white?  If you do the same on a metallic black car you'll immediately see scratches in the lacquer.  They will polish out, but not by hand unless you're the hulk. :laugh: 

I think it all depends on what you can do,if your not able to do it then you really don't have a choice or never wash your car for years.

I don't think a brush if soft can really do that much damage as loads use car washes even with top range cars which are worth 1000's.

They were vauxhalls on the Horror video so says it all,probably £200 spray job at a back street garage.......sorry had to add that.

Paint hardness I think can be a factor on how easy you can inflict scratches and swirl marks. Ford use such soft paint which probably is why I see holograms and some micro scratches on my car. German cars use hard paint which may take longer to machine polish but Im sure are harder to inflict scratches on. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Work have what appears to be a standard floor brush, but when you actually feel it, the bristles are really quite soft. 

You could wrap some microfibre cloths around the pole if you're worried about accidentally hitting the car with it?

I have got the 2 i put the link for on there,the Brush one is really soft and the ends of the bristles are like feathers,not tried yet.

The second one is the best,it is just like a noodle glove which i use anyway to wash my car but on a pole and that's the main one.

Do like the name of this mitt from chemical guys. 

Screenshot_20190119-135832.png

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club