Allytat2504

''LED Ambient Ring 3''

Hello, 

Ordered some Autobeam ''LED Ambient Ring 3'' for my Ford Fiesta Mk7.5.

Autobeam suggest wiring them straight into the battery and turning them on and off manually upon start up of the car and when stopping the car using the bluetooth app. I was wondering if it would be safe to wire them into the DRL, I don't have much knowledge of electrics I know how to wire in the lights and properly seal the wires, I just don't know if it will be safe with how much power the halos might take from the DRL.

Any feedback would be helpful.

https://autobeam.co.uk/collections/fiesta-mk7-5-2013-2017/products/ambient-ring3

Cheers! Alex

They're LED so the shouldn't pull much power. If you're handy with a multimeter you can temporarily connect them to the battery and measure their current draw in amps.

You should be able to measure the current draw of the DRLs too. (Make sure to switch so the DRLs are at their brightest). Add these two numbers together and you should get the fuse rating you need.

Hi. Could anybody tell me what tags mean after you've put in your title when starting a new topic please. Im new to this and it's a required field before I can write my question