Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheels For Mk1 Focus

Focus-Jonny

Here's my problem guys, currently I have a set of mito kx 17" wheels on my car they look nice however, they have too much negative offset and sit out past the wheel arches a bit. My problem is the wheels came with low profile tyres which means I can feel every bump in the road :( which is a pain especialy when the roads around belfast are getting awful. I would like to fit beefier tyres but currently when I have more than 1 passenger in the car I can hear the wheels scrub the arches when I go over speed bumps or corner sharply. Is this because of the offset? Or could my suspension be knackerd as their looks to be alot of space between the wheels and the arches.

Anyone else had this problem, I'll get a pic up of my car sumtime tomorow to show you, basically I was thinkin of getin standard ford alloys would this be worth doing so I can have beefy tires again? Will it make much of a difference? And any tips on places that do them cheap?

Thanks for your help guys much appreciated ;)

Here's my problem guys, currently I have a set of mito kx 17" wheels on my car they look nice however, they have too much negative offset and sit out past the wheel arches a bit. My problem is the wheels came with low profile tyres which means I can feel every bump in the road sad.gif which is a pain especialy when the roads around belfast are getting awful. I would like to fit beefier tyres but currently when I have more than 1 passenger in the car I can hear the wheels scrub the arches when I go over speed bumps or corner sharply. Is this because of the offset? Or could my suspension be knackerd as their looks to be alot of space between the wheels and the arches.

Anyone else had this problem, I'll get a pic up of my car sumtime tomorow to show you, basically I was thinkin of getin standard ford alloys would this be worth doing so I can have beefy tires again? Will it make much of a difference? And any tips on places that do them cheap?

Thanks for your help guys much appreciated wink.gif

thre will look like space but once theres weight in the car the suspension will lower then add that to the effects of camber etc on the roads y ou will get scrubbing and probably excessive tyre wear nowt wrong with the standard ford alloys mate are we talking about rears you can get arches rolled etc but i wouldnt personally you have incorrect offset which in turn means the toe is out and the camber is to hell its a good way to badly hurt bushes and bearings i cant say if the suspoensions knackered as its not mine to check over but its possible you have shot bearings or bushes youll need it checked and put proper fitting alloys on the car

thanks artscot i can always rely on you with an answer B)

here is a picture of the wheels post-8771-126694816595_thumb.jpg what do you think probs a bad angle, they stick out on the front as well as the back don't fancy rolling the arches mate

yeah i might just take your advice, the only reason that this decision is so hard is because i am skint (student!) and the only wheels i have to replace them with are my stock steelies with hubcaps :( however they have brand new meaty tires on which i bought last year. these alloys are really nice cleaned up but as you say is it really worth it?

oh and when i am driving over moderately bumpy road and turning i can hear a slight knocking noise from the back end, shot bearings?

thanks mate

post-8771-126694909895_thumb.jpg

theirs another photo sorry about the quality, although you can make out scrapes in the bumper that my dad did when parking it in our drive way :(

post-8771-126694909895_thumb.jpg

theirs another photo sorry about the quality, although you can make out scrapes in the bumper that my dad did when parking it in our drive way sad.gif

yeah i can make it out used nero to edit the pic so i could see it better they are too wide they look like they are for a jap car to be honest pretty wide rims did you put spacers on or are they without spacers if they stick out more than so many mm they are actually an moit failure its no wonder theyre scrubbing try get a swap or post youre ones on eBay and with what you get for them get some ford alloys the knocking on the rear can be many things not suspension related first to check is the rear bumper att the bottom grab it and give it a gentle tug if it moves get under and remove the plastic screws they use to hold the rear bumper on the bottom and replace them with 10mm nut and bolt mine was loose and banging over bumps next thing is check the exhaust isnt banging off anything a quick shake up and down will tell you then look under the car and check the heatshield especially right above the rear silencer these can come loose and cause the knock while youre there check the rear shock for any signs of leaking make sure the rear springs are intact and give them a tug and the rear droplinks to the anti roll bar basically give everything a tug and check nowts loose

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club