Do Not Sell My Personal Information

V5 Document

Cheviot

I purchased a 2014 Fiesta from a main Ford dealer on 6th December 2018 and was told that the V5 would be with me in 3 or 4 weeks.

I have checked with the DVLA and they have not received any paperwork from the dealer.

I emailed the salesman a couple of times just before Christmas about the V5 however he has not responded.

Any suggestions other than to call into the dealership next week when I am in the area and take it up with them or email the manager of the dealership?

Thanks in advance for any positive/helpful suggestions.

If it's with Trust Ford, get straight on to their twitter team, explain you're ready to complain over social media and watch them get it sorted.

• Like 1

Thanks StJay but it is not from Trust Ford.

I was invited by email to put through a Google review of the dealership service just after I purchased the vehicle.

I suppose I could return their email (which invites me to write a review) to the manager informing him that I am outstanding the V5.

emails can easily be ignored. A physical visit to the dealer or phone call can't be ignored as much.

Thanks Luke - I'm in the area of the dealer next Tuesday 8th Jan and will call in to discuss with them.

If that fails I will have to escalate up the food chain in writing.

Have you got the green slip?  You can use the number on that to work out the V5 number then change it into your name online.  :ninja:

No I wasn't given a green slip as far as I know. I wasn't familiar with the process and so I didn't ask for the green slip. I was just told that it would take about 3 weeks from 6th Dec.'18 for me to receive the V5 log book.

I emailed the dealership sales manager this evening about the outstanding V5 and have received a "Read" receipt to my email but nothing else. I thought I might have been sent a one liner to say he will look into the situation, maybe he will send me something tomorrow.

As previously mentioned I am driving by the dealership on Tuesday 8th Jan.and will call in to discuss. If I don't receive a satisfactory response I will write to the General Manager and then escalate further. I beleive I can order a new V5 through the DVLA at approx £25.00 but it is just the princilple of the situation and I will feel unhappy if I end up having to pay for the V5.

Based on my latest experience of buying main dealer Ford, once they've got your money, only doorstepping them in the showroom will get any results. The sales people will happily ignore emails and fail to return calls as soon as they have their commission.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Update:-

The DVLA have not had anything in the way of a V5 or road tax registered for me.

I will be going into the Ford dealer who sold me the car within the next couple of days to chase them up for the V5.

If I have not got the V5 (at the moment) and the car is not taxed in my name could I end up having it clamped by the DVLA?

Please disregard my last post because I have decided to start a completely new posts on the same subject - Thanks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club