Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 51 - Facelift Or Not?

SkaterStan

Hi, I've just found these forums and I was wondering if you could help me.

I have a 51 Focus. Immediately when I got the car I bought a Haynes manual for it. Based on the year of registration I got this manual:

4167.jpg

However, I've noticed that the trim on the car is more like the pre-facelift model, i.e. horizontal slats on the front grille etc. This makes me think that I have a pre-facelift MK1 that was just registered later, and I should have got this manual:

3759.jpg

What are the differences between the two models of focus. Are they purely cosmetic, or will I run into problems when I start to service the car?

Cheers

Martin

An easy way to tell is the front indicators. On the pre-facelift models they are in the front bumper and on the post-facelifts they are in the headlamps.

An easy way to tell is the front indicators. On the pre-facelift models they are in the front bumper and on the post-facelifts they are in the headlamps.

Hi, they are in the front bumper. So I have a pre-facelift, with a later plate on.

Next question, is there any difference with the running gear? From what I can see, all service parts are common across the whole Mk1 range.

running gear id say is the same. It was body features that was changed on the facelift.

I had a 51 reg on the facelift. TDCI was a new engine too on the facelift.also the facelift has mouldings in the bumpers.

2002 was the facelift launch. so prior to march 2002 you would get the 51 prefix.

Cheers thanks for the replies. Think I will get the older Haynes manual any way, considering I can get it off amazon and then sell my other one for practically no loss.

So I'm thinking of doing a full service considering I have no service history at all and I've had the car for 18 months without doing anything. Thinking of using this kit of genuine parts

Is there anywhere I could get the whole lot cheaper?

Cheers thanks for the replies. Think I will get the older Haynes manual any way, considering I can get it off Amazon and then sell my other one for practically no loss.

So I'm thinking of doing a full service considering I have no service history at all and I've had the car for 18 months without doing anything. Thinking of using this kit of genuine parts

Is there anywhere I could get the whole lot cheaper?

yep www.fordpartscentre.co.uk you will have to pay via paypal if you want to order in the nect few days as we have recently added worldpay and this is not live for a few day yet.

yep www.fordpartscentre.co.uk you will have to pay via paypal if you want to order in the nect few days as we have recently added worldpay and this is not live for a few day yet.

the two models are identical running gear suspension etc the only real differences are cosmetic remember even a duratec engine is nothing more than a zetec engine in fancy dress the old st170 use a zetec engine dressed up to look like duratec engine youll find virtually everthing is interchangeable

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club