Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo titanium x 2.2 sport estate

malcmaz

Hi all, This is my first post on here so my question is,    I am looking to buy a 2013 (63 plate)  Mondeo Titanium x 2.2 tdci sport estate, can anybody give me any advice on this car?

I used to own a Mondeo 2.0 130 ghia X estate for about 8 years and was a cracking car, in fact my son in law bought it from me and still has it, as well as

normal use I used to tow my caravan with it. So, would the 2.2 sport estate make a good car for towing etc.or would I be better going for 2015 New shape Mondeo Titanium 180bhp Estate ( X Pack )?

At the moment I have A kuga titanium x but is on lease and goes back April this year, so I need to get sorted with a Mondeo before then

Regards

Malcmaz

I've driven both and personally I'd take the MK4.5, it's got loads of shove when required and is much more engaging/agile to drive.  The MK5 is slightly quieter i.e. less road noise but feels heavy, especially when changing direction quickly, so it's lost the fun factor that distinguished it from it's competitors historically.  The MK4.5 also seems to score better for reliability in the various warranty type surveys compared to the MK5, I'd also expect the MK4.5 to be cheaper to buy which is also a nice bonus.

Also the halogen headlights on the MK5 are absolute dog :shit:, even with better bulbs fitted they're still abysmal (the bi led ones are amazing though but were only an option on the MK5 Titanium), changing the front bulbs is also a bit of a pig as you have to partly remove the front bumper?!? to get to them (see youtube) :wacko:

Hi Damian

Thanks for the reply, I have read that the 2.2 200 bhp engine is noisy compared to the 2.0 is it? also does the sport have self levelling rear suspension?

Regards

Malc

5 minutes ago, malcmaz said:

Hi Damian

Thanks for the reply, I have read that the 2.2 200 bhp engine is noisy compared to the 2.0 is it? also does the sport have self levelling rear suspension?

Regards

Malc

I'd not heard that before to be honest, it's basically the same engine as the 2.0 TDCi, it's just bored out slightly more.

I'm not sure on the suspension question, I do know that it can go round corners at speeds that you'll not believe possible is such as large car. 😁

• 2 months later...

Hi malc. I've just read your thread. Have you got a mondeo now?

If not then I can answer a couple of your questions. Yes the 2.2 is a little noisier than the 2.0. I've had both btw. 

The 2.2 is stonking compared to the 2.0 and will pull a caravan with ease.

The mk4.5 is the one to go for. The mk5 is pants by comparison and quite a number of owners who went from mk4.5 to mk5 have regrets.

The mk4.5 titanium x sport looks superb and I thoroughly recommend one. I'm on my 3rd and love them. And the boot is huge.

• Like 1