Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 1.4 TDCi - lowering/sport springs

m1tch

Hi all,

Looking to lower my Fiesta to make it handle slightly better on the daily drive - currently on stock springs and dampers which I replaced around a year or so ago, it doesn't inspire confidence as it seems a bit 'wobbly'. Worth noting that all of the bushes and drop links are fine and were checked at the previous MOT for play, planning to swap out to lowering/sports springs to see how much difference it makes.

I have found some basic 'A-Max' springs for around £50, might look at some of the better branded springs though but wondered if anyone had tried the cheaper springs.

Being a 1.4 TDCi it is slightly heavier at the front, however they seem to be on par with the ST models as they also have a heavier (abit more powerful) engine up front.

Is there a usual recommended spring to go for?

Also, is anyone able to give me a ride height measurement on the front, looks quite high, might have the wrong spring or damper fitted etc but have no point of reference etc.