Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Titanium 2009

greggp

Hi Guys,

After someone inconsiderately crashed into the wife parked MK6 2004 fiesta flame before Xmas, and is now a write off I need to replace it.

Looking at the Mk7 models now, a few have come up on autotrader, gumtree etc.  but don't know much about this model if it is that different from the MK6

Would prefer to go for a facelift model but unfortunately budget restrictions means I will be looking at the 2009 - 2012 models, think facelift was 2013 -->

I am going to view a 2011 zetec trim tomorrow, and also an 2009 titanium model both 1.4 petrol

anything to look out for or a particular model to avoid?

any advice appreciated

cheers

gregg

I had the choice of a 1.4 petrol 2011 zetec and a 1.6 petrol 2010 titanium, I went for the titanium purely for the additional extras (cruise control, auto folding mirrors, Sony 8 speaker CD player, bluetooth connectivity, voice control auto AC auto lights and wipers, where the zetec only had a basic trim level, however I would make sure the titanium has the Sony radio as I have seen a few titanium’s with the most basic radio with the most basic display, I have had mine for a year and a half with zero issues. I would highly recommend you check any potential cars with this website https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/ to check the mot history, if you like the look of a car put in the reg into the website and if there is a big list of mot failures then avoid and look for a different car, my car has a clean sweep of mot passes from its 1st mot to its last

• Thanks 1

i prefer the titanium, the one I've seen has the standard radio though but loads of other extras, keyless entry push button start etc, auto wipers etc.... its an 09 plate

I'm wondering if you can swap out the radio for a sony version?

When I was looking for my car if it was a titanium without the Sony radio I just avoided it, however after I bought it I discovered there are a few versions of the Sony radio one with DAB and one without, mine was without however after a lot of research and with the help of this forum I was able to swap out the standard Sony to the DAB Sony, so I would say definitely you can swap out the basic radio for a Sony one

• Thanks 1

Mate i have the 1.6 Titanium 2011 and had it for 4 years and not 1 problem,you have to look at a few extras as they do change from car to car on the Titanium i have found out.

I have a pack put on mine from new when other chap had it (don't know the name being the 2011) from new so 2 owners from new so i have leather/heated seats/ zetec S 17''wheels

and full electric pack front and back windows and electric fold mirrors,the sony stereo i would look for which will have the color display and i think set it off.

I had the 1.6 as the power is a nice bit more and very hard to find now and not a lot of different to the 1.4 on petrol/Tax/insurance,its very nippy.

If there is one thing to check is cambelt change and waterpump and just the normal m.o.t history checks and normal stuff like Alan said above.

• Thanks 1

thanks Alan + jace1969 I will have a look tomorrow....its got 66k on the clock

according to seller

Features:
Keyless entry (2 fobs), climate control, air conditioning, electric windows, power assisted steering, AM/FM stereo and CD player, Quickclear heated windscreen, rain sensitive wipers, electric folding mirrors, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tinted rear windows, AUX input, USB socket, ABS, airbags, factory fitted alarm

in terms of swapping out stereo I may or may not do this....but do you know if you have to change the display screen or just the stereo?

6 minutes ago, greggp said:

in terms of swapping out stereo I may or may not do this....but do you know if you have to change the display screen or just the stereo?

Its not as easy what i have read on here to swop the stereo with the display as i think it needs to be activated by the dealer or someone who know how to do it.

I just had my cambelt kit done and pump as a lot get mixed up saying 100k or 10 years,on my 1.6 its 80k or 8 years and this is from ford and asked 3 of them so i

would check this with proof like stamp/receipt to match it as anyone can write in a book or buy a stamp,mine is only on 29k but close to the 8 years in July.

Like there again this one your looking at has keyless entry and mine don't but i have climate control/auto lights/rear view mirror/reverse camera,there are so many

different things and just what you need or want,go for a good test drive get it nice and warm and you will love it.

• Thanks 1

With respect to jace, swapping out the stereo isn’t too difficult, one thing I would say is make sure that you check the connectors on the back of your original stereo to see if you have the early or later wiring harness, then once you fit the parts it does have to be programmed in but that’s not too difficult with a modified elm and forscan, the internet is your friend - use it to help when you get stuck.... I’m in the process of upgrading my seats to full leather and heated, so far I have the drivers side in and working a treat [emoji4]

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club