Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Urgent - broken down and at roadside - help

Pebbleheed

5 minutes ago, 1979Damian said:

I take it yours has to be one of those super duper "stop start" batteries that lasts about 3 years? :wallbash:

Yep, stop/start. I'm quite sure it's still the original battery though so not doing too bad on a 12 plate.

Just now, WES180 said:

Yep, stop/start. I'm quite sure it's still the original battery though so not doing too bad.

If it's the original then you're doing very well I'd say (for any EFB battery), all that stop/start business really can give the battery a good hiding.

• Like 1

I’m home! At last. And warm again. 

The recovery guy tried jumper leads but it made no odds. He reckons it’s a starter motor issue too but he was surprised for a 3 year old car to have a faulty starter motor. 

Is it worth me testing the battery first or just taking it to ford and asking them to sort it under warranty with a potential faulty starter motor? 

I got a tow and did a bump start. It started in seconds that way. No issue. Ran fine all the way back. When I got home I turned off the engine and tried to start it again. Just a single click. Nothing else. 

When the car first stopped working it was silent except for a slight whir. I tried the foot out of the door trick and rocked it back and forward. The car did the single click noise after that - before the jump start attempt - so perhaps it is a faulty starter motor? 

• Like 1

So The codes mean nothing, that’s good. Get the bluefin back on once it’s sorted 😁 

did the recovery guy clear the codes for you?

id send it to the garage and let them sort it all under warranty

• Thanks 1

Yeah it drives a lot nicer with the bluefin. 

I’ll call my local dealer and get it booked in. 

10 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

11.6 is a little on the low side but not low enough to cause any problem at all. 

Any chance you can get the other key to the car? 

I thought like Damian that 11.6 was flat.....I'm presuming because it's an EFB the voltages are different?  What's a fully charged voltage on an EFB, and what's flat?

9 hours ago, WES180 said:

I nearly passed out when I looked how much a battery is for my Focus, not much change from £300!

Where are you looking Wes?  I just had a shock too at the cost, I might need a new EFB (the 700 one) and Eurocarparts had them for £126. 

9 hours ago, 1979Damian said:

If it's the original then you're doing very well I'd say (for any EFB battery), all that stop/start business really can give the battery a good hiding.

I switch the start stop off, can't really be bothered with it.  Wondering if that will help the battery last longer?

1 hour ago, Albert27 said:

I thought like Damian that 11.6 was flat.....I'm presuming because it's an EFB the voltages are different?  What's a fully charged voltage on an EFB, and what's flat?

Where are you looking Wes?  I just had a shock too at the cost, I might need a new EFB (the 700 one) and Eurocarparts had them for £126. 

Eurocarparts, put my reg in and they averaged about £275!!!

• Sad 1

the starter not engaging on a slightly worn flywheel ring gear is dead common.  put in second hand brake off rock the car 1 metre, neutral and see if it'll start.  I think this needs to be engrained into any ford driver.   you can try to jump with the mains it still won't make it turn

could all the codes be generated by using blufin….. hence there existence since 5 months or when ever it was installed.

batteries on modern stuff last 4 to 5 years

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Botus said:

the starter not engaging on a slightly worn flywheel ring gear is dead common.  put in second hand brake off rock the car 1 metre, neutral and see if it'll start.  I think this needs to be engrained into any ford driver.   you can try to jump with the mains it still won't make it turn

could all the codes be generated by using blufin….. hence there existence since 5 months or when ever it was installed.

batteries on modern stuff last 4 to 5 years

I drove it home last night and tried to start it again then. It wouldn’t have it. Would the above still be worth trying if it’s been driven?

43 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Sale at the moment using code ‘SALE90’

battery for my 2017 Focus 1.5tdci with s/s = £157

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pebbleheed said:

I drove it home last night and tried to start it again then. It wouldn’t have it. Would the above still be worth trying if it’s been driven?

the ring gear bit seem to be OK for a while, once you can get it cranking (I guess) any burrs that caused it tend to get removed once you get it to crank.  a mate at work had it 3 times over 18 months, the one I use has done it once.  I tried a jump pack that wouldn't do a thing, rocked the car been good as gold for 2 years

you may have other issues, trouble is at the temps we've got in the winter and sitting at the side of the road running diagnostics and scratching your head for 20 minutes would kill the battery very quickly untill you introduce a new issue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Yikes, was that with a discount code?  If so, you must have a different battery to mine!

4 minutes ago, Albert27 said:

Yikes, was that with a discount code?  If so, you must have a different battery to mine!

£167 with that discount code! I had looked over Christmas and hadn't seen that offer. I don't actually need one yet, I was just looking what they cost after my mate paid £90 fitted for one for my old Cmax he bought off me.

2 minutes ago, WES180 said:

£167 with that discount code! I had looked over Christmas and hadn't seen that offer. I don't actually need one yet, I was just looking what they cost after my mate paid £90 fitted for one for my old Cmax he bought off me.

Sounds a bit better!  ECP always have an offer on, don't ever pay full price. 9/10 Carparts4less (same company) are cheaper again with their discount code, the only annoying thing with them is returning parts as no branches.

5 hours ago, WES180 said:

use code batt50 on eurocarparts and grab this for £140 😉 half price for exide batts only.

Exide battery (EFB 110 Car battery (EL752) - 3 year Guarantee)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, andypsp said:

use code batt50 on eurocarparts and grab this for £140 😉 half price for exide batts only.

Exide Battery (EFB 110 Car Battery (EL752) - 3 year Guarantee)

Only available on Exide premiumbatteries, which are not suitable for many cars ☹️ 45% off using ‘sale90’ though

46 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Only available on Exide premiumbatteries, which are not suitable for many cars ☹️ 45% off using ‘sale90’ though

i have it working on all exide batts did you try the code 😉

Exide battery (Excell battery 075 3 Year Guarantee)Product Code : 444770750

7 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

There's never a sale, they are a bunch off rip of merchants that everyone thinks is great lol.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

try end35 at euro

57 minutes ago, andypsp said:

i have it working on all exide batts did you try the code 😉

Exide Battery (Excell Battery 075 3 Year Guarantee)Product Code : 444770750

Can you screenshot that working for you because it doesn’t work for me and it specifically says that BAT50 only works on premium batteries in the Exide range.

14 minutes ago, stef123 said:

There's never a sale, they are a bunch off rip of merchants that everyone thinks is great lol.

The list price for the battery I require is £279 and if I use the code ‘SALE90’ then it drops to £157 - is that the price they are elsewhere and ECP just over inflate their prices then discount them at the checkout?

Just checked for the Mondeo I was looking to buy and it’s exactly the same. Crazy money, I currently have a Hyundai Santa Fe which is a huge car and the battery for that is around £140.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Can you screenshot that working for you because it doesn’t work for me and it specifically says that BAT50 only works on premium batteries in the Exide range.

The list price for the battery I require is £279 and if I use the code ‘SALE90’ then it drops to £157 - is that the price they are elsewhere and ECP just over inflate their prices then discount them at the checkout?

Correct. I buy parts usually a couple of times a week. I’ve hardly any interest in ecp now. My local factors can wipe the floor with them for same or better brands. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

My Basket - 1 item(s)

Items
Unit Price
Quantity
Total Price
Delivery Options
£82.99
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Delete
£82.99
UK Delivery
More info
Click & Collect from
Check stock at your local store
International Delivery available
Discount Code
REMOVE CODE

Your Discount has been applied: ( 50% Off Selected Batteries )

Subtotal:  £82.99Discount: - £41.50Total (inc VAT): £41.49
  • Like 1

now this is hot the batt50 code for euro car parts will work with all makes/brands of batts on the website :w00t: